Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here's a question for the EU people that have inhaled lights.

When you activated the spots on the screen . Did you connect the lights and then bridge the scs connector or can you bridge the red connector and activate it before you even install the lights. I am trying to find out if the system needs a load on the circuit before it will register .
I hope this makes sense

Thanks
Heli

·
Registered
Crf1100 ATAS ES Manual
58 Posts

When you activated the spots on the screen . Did you connect the lights and then bridge the scs connector or can you bridge the red connector and activate it before you even install the lights. I am trying to find out if the system needs a load on the circuit before it will register .
I hope this makes sense

Thanks
Heli
I connected the lights before I bridged the scs connector. no idea for the other way.

·
Registered
597 Posts
you can bridge the scs , and see if you got them activated
You can do it also with the QS , but if you do not have it the bike gonna trow a MIL code
also for heated grips it´s work

Reactions: ViperTech18

·
Registered
446 Posts

I hope this makes sense

Thanks
Heli
Yep connected all the lights and wiring first then bridged the connector.
wasn't sure if you would need to do it this way so the circuit was complete or some other electrical witch craft

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm hard headed and trying to figure out a way around it. Might take me a while, but I'm **** stubborn.
Good luck with that! For this to work, a new wire harness is required from the BCU to the 9 pin connector supplying power to the fog light connectors, the BCU needs to be flashed to enable the functionality and the HISS feature needs to be disabled in the BCU once its flashed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm hard headed and trying to figure out a way around it. Might take me a while, but I'm **** stubborn.
That is exactly what I’m trying to do.
This is my thought.
From what I have found out, you need to connect the lights to the system for the computer to register them when bridging the scs connector.
one would have to run a wire from pin 9 to the connector on the left side fairing to connect to the plug that is missing the wire. From there, the wires are all there to the light spot plug.
the part in not sure about is if the computer can handle the power of the lights or do we need to install a really. Then If you install a relay, will the computer see the lights. You may have to first use one light to activate and then add the relay. If you trying , keep in mind I believe the output is actually 0v when activated.
i am trying to find the correct pins for the computer connector.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can indeed, mount your choice of spot or flood lights on your bars or I chose to mount them on the inside fairing inserts using rubber mounted go pro mounts on my Rgid Industries floods (for dark twisty lanes).

I simply used the OE connectors clipped behind the side fairings and for ease I cut them off and used the bullet connectors because I had them and directly connected the lights, Chose the bullet connectors so I could disconnect if ever needed.

Wrapped the connectors in insulating tape just to keep any water or rain sneaking in.

With the ignition off connect your Honda SCS or use the jumper wire trick with a small piece of wire

View attachment 62776

Now turn on ignition and go into the menus on the TFT until you find service mode, go into this and turn on the aux lights (they are off as default)

I clicked out of all the menus and then turned the ignition off

now disconnect jumper wire or tool turn on your bike and you can now turn on the fogs using the FN switch on your handlebars.

hope this helps
This is awesomely helpful as I plan to try and wire some Denali lights to the factory system so I can control them with the FN switch.

mare u by any chance able to show a picture of the oem fog light connectors that were supposed to-tap into ?

are they two pin ? Or multi pin sumitomo connectors ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
That is exactly what I’m trying to do.
This is my thought.
From what I have found out, you need to connect the lights to the system for the computer to register them when bridging the scs connector.
one would have to run a wire from pin 9 to the connector on the left side fairing to connect to the plug that is missing the wire. From there, the wires are all there to the light spot plug.
the part in not sure about is if the computer can handle the power of the lights or do we need to install a really. Then If you install a relay, will the computer see the lights. You may have to first use one light to activate and then add the relay. If you trying , keep in mind I believe the output is actually 0v when activated.
i am trying to find the correct pins for the computer connector.
Have u found any news regarding wiring aftermarket fog lights that can stoop use the Fn switch to activate ?

also am I correct in assuming that oem Honda fog lights would at least work and integrate with the fan switch ?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Have u found any news regarding wiring aftermarket fog lights that can stoop use the Fn switch to activate ?

also am I correct in assuming that oem Honda fog lights would at least work and integrate with the fan switch ?
not understand the "fan switch"

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
390 Posts
This is awesomely helpful as I plan to try and wire some Denali lights to the factory system so I can control them with the FN switch.
so does that mean honda Oem lights are the only option that we North American owners have for using the Fn switch for fog light ?
The N/A Bikes Can NOT use the FN system to control lights. There is NO software in Body Control Unit.
The Wiring is Incomplete.
Even the Oem Honda lights will not work.

The best option so far, is a Ex Can. Or Denali CanSmart. When and IF becomes available.
Since Denali is going other route as I can see.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The only way to connect fog lights to the AT in North America is a separate switching circuit.
you could tap into the brights to get that but Denali seems to be the best if you want to get day time lights and brights

·
Registered
2021 CRF1100 manual
76 Posts
The only way to connect fog lights to the AT in North America is a separate switching co trip circuit.
I couod tap into the brights to get that but Denali seems to be the best if you want to get day time lights and brights
This is not good news. But will plan as such. I wanted to add some Baja Designs squadron or S1 as my fog lights. I dont mind a switch, but the Fn would have been nicer.

Thanks Honda.... not!

This is new from Denali. I want to say within the last month or so.

I like the price more for this though:

And these look to be upcoming or available for pre-order:

·
Premium Member
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
387 Posts
This is not good news. But will plan as such. I wanted to add some Baja Designs squadron or S1 as my fog lights. I dont mind a switch, but the Fn would have been nicer.
I have purchased a Hex EZ-Can, and will install it shortly. Take a look at this thread, as @Hood did a great job showing how he wired up some Denali S4 lights. My S4s arrive early next week, along with a Soundbomb and some rear lights.

Granted, no Fn switch. But this gives you incredible control using the rest of the motorcycle's electronics. And frankly, I'm up to my neck with idiots who don't turn on their [email protected]#[email protected]#$ headlights or better yet don't use the perfectly functional set it amd forget it "auto" function, so I'd much rather have the lights set to auto-adjust.

I'm looking forward to this install - well, trepidation at getting access, but...

41 - 60 of 76 Posts