Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,616 Posts
I originally used the fn switch but then went over to the ezCAN as it allows much more flexibility than the fn switch did, it was actually a bit of a pain so maybe Honda America did you all a favour :D

·
Registered
2021 CRF1100 manual
76 Posts
I originally used the fn switch but then went over to the ezCAN as it allows much more flexibility than the fn switch did, it was actually a bit of a pain so maybe Honda America did you all a favour :D
I am not really interested in dimming/pulsing/in-line with my signals. I just want on or off for day/night visibility. I probably wont have much else on my bike in terms of accessories like GPS or heated gear. Just want the fogs and possibly a USB to charge other batteries/Sena etc. I think the Fuze block will be best for me.

What happens when the NA/US bikes jump the plug in the back, to activate the Fn switch?

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,616 Posts
It was the switching on/ off that was a pain for me as I had to press the right hand fn about 3 times until I was on the right menu then use the left fn to switch on/off.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am not really interested in dimming/pulsing/in-line with my signals. I just want on or off for day/night visibility. I probably wont have much else on my bike in terms of accessories like GPS or heated gear. Just want the fogs and possibly a USB to charge other batteries/Sena etc. I think the Fuze block will be best for me.

What happens when the NA/US bikes jump the plug in the back, to activate the Fn switch?
Nothing for the fog lights. It does get you to access the menu to add the quick shifter.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
The N/A Bikes Can NOT use the FN system to control lights. There is NO software in Body Control Unit.
The Wiring is Incomplete.
Even the Oem Honda lights will not work.

The best option so far, is a Ex Can. Or Denali CanSmart. When and IF becomes available.
Since Denali is going other route as I can see.
Hello is that Honda North America answer?

·
Registered
2021 CRF1100 manual
76 Posts
Im planning on this: fuse jumper wire from OEM NA fog light fuse in underseat panel. Its switched power. Going to wire the Fuzeblock FZ1 to that, and ground somewhere on the frame.

Then i will connect a handlebar switch to some Baja Designs Squadron Sports as my fogs. That way i can power on/off, and when i turn bike off, they will go off. I have tested fuse circuit with a multimeter and it's definitely switched power.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey guys…FWIW, I just installed the Hex ezCAN described above and it was was easy. Hardest part was routing each light’s wiring back to the under seat area. I used the SW Motech light mount with RubyMOTO R4 lights. Once you set your desired parameters in the ezCAN via your computer, it just works. Mine’s set to 100% on dim and bright lights during the day and 30% on dim and 100% on brights at night. It’s pretty slick and helped me avoid ALL the “cutting this, running that, finding this ground, etc.” wiring activity. Really happy with the results…

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just wondering for those that fitted aftermarket to the OEM loom has anyone confirmed max amps / watts that can safely be run. I'm thinking of using Denali2.0 DM units and they are rated at 1.6Amps

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just wondering for those that fitted aftermarket to the OEM loom has anyone confirmed max amps / watts that can safely be run. I'm thinking of using Denali2.0 DM units and they are rated at 1.6Amps
Doesn't really help you with your Denali, but Ive had Rigid Industry Ignites on mine and no issues but they do only draw .85 Amps
:)

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,616 Posts
The Denali lights in questions say they are 10w so will be around 0.8Amps per light. I had 10w Chinese LEDs on mine before I switched over to the ezCAN.
Honda states that their LEDs are 11W but not sure if that is total or each but I would presume each, if so then the Denali will have less draw.

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks struggling on which to choose I think will go on the line of safety and Denali 2.0 DM seem to offer x2 10W with total max 1.6amps and good lumens and spread.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts