Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
3,506 Posts
And last night watching TV, Apple has an ad for the new iPhone 13 mounted on a scooter………there goes their argument for not fixing a phone mounted to a motorcycle.
Yeah well... Apple also has a commercial for the Apple Watch where they show a girl swimming in the depths of the ocean with whales and then tell you in the support document not to use it for scuba diving. I wouldn't let their commercials be your guide :)

With Apple, I think it is a case of "Read what we say in our Tech Bulletins, not what we show in our advertisements."

·
Super Moderator
7,639 Posts
Yeah well... Apple also has a commercial for the Apple Watch where they show a girl swimming in the depths of the ocean with whales and then tell you in the support document not to use it for scuba diving. I wouldn't let their commercials be your guide :)

With Apple, I think it is a case of "Read what we say in our Tech Bulletins, not what we show in our advertisements."
lol - It is a good thing Honda doesn't advertise the Africa Twin happily napping in a flowing river and the rider lifting it up with one hand, starting it and continuing on his merry journey.

·
Administrator
3,506 Posts
Apple also depicts a guy falling through a bus that is driving through a tunnel, he lands in an office desk chair. He then falls through the office desk chair and lands in a deck chair poolside. Also later a person is using the watch while actually levitating.

In the aforementioned ad the swimming girl is also breathing underwater with no scuba gear and taking underwater. You know, truth in advertising

Honda may as well follow suit and show a rider riding continent to continent on their AT across the ocean floor :)

Just saying that Apple's ads are a bit far-fetched and perhaps not the best representation of the product's actual capabilities.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts