Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Could you or someone else thats done it, enlighten me on the fairing removal? According to the horrible directions I got, I'm free of everything but the busses, but it feels too rigid and looks like I'm pulling the radiators off. My garage is a bit chilly so I'm super paranoid about snapping plastic before I even get a chance to ride her!

Apologies if it's in the forum. I searched but couldn't find this for the 2020

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
It does! I found one screw that I had not removed. Its still stuck on there good and I guess its the buses, I'm off Wednesday and will try to finish it up then. Thank you!
Once it comes off the bosses, pry the cowl away and towards the front of the bike in a 45 degree angle. The front part of the cowl slides into the center section under the headlight.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Thank you. I put it back together and putting some miles on it before I risk breaking anything. Lmao only small patches of ice around now so time to ride!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank you. I put it back together and putting some miles on it before I risk breaking anything. Lmao only small patches of ice around now so time to ride!
I know what you meant matey, glad you gave up in the end.
If your not sure its best to give in for a bit, wish Id read this earlier as Ive taken the panels of a few times now and could of videos it for you as I find that always helps.
If it helps the 1100 is way way easier than the 1000

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I know what you meant matey, glad you gave up in the end.
If your not sure its best to give in for a bit, wish Id read this earlier as Ive taken the panels of a few times now and could of videos it for you as I find that always helps.
If it helps the 1100 is way way easier than the 1000
Should I update to the 1100?

Like I virtually just got this ... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Got my paniers this week. Can't wait to take a long trip with this setup (hopefully get the fuel starvation issue sorted out soon).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Looks like you can store more on the AT than its Gold Wing (?) neighbour?
That is/was a Valkyrie 1500 Tourer that I've been slowly parting out for the past 3 years. All that remains is the frame/front & rear wheels/motor/swingarm & pumpkin/front forks.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts