Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll noticed that the bike tends to vibrate/thump a lot in this rev range when applying moderate throttle. This is my first twin so I suspect it's just the nature of the beat but thought I'd check just to make sure

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll noticed that the bike tends to vibrate/thump a lot in this rev range when applying moderate throttle. This is my first twin so I suspect it's just the nature of the beat but thought I'd check just to make sure

That is in the range where you will feel each distinct power pulse coming from the 270deg crankshaft. S10 does the same thing. 'Jack hammer-like' bottom end. 'Lump, lump, lump' and off you go. Much the same feeling on many V-twins.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I figured as much but not being used to it I going it mildly off putting.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In general you probably want to avoid feeding in a bunch of throttle until things smooth out above 3000rpm. Just the nature of big twins versus smoother 3 or 4 cylinder motors. Not that it's going to damage anything immediately but those torque pulses are also being felt by your bearings, transmission, chain etc and will tend to accelerate wear in the long run.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In general you probably want to avoid feeding in a bunch of throttle until things smooth out above 3000rpm. Just the nature of big twins versus smoother 3 or 4 cylinder motors. Not that it's going to damage anything immediately but those torque pulses are also being felt by your bearings, transmission, chain etc and will tend to accelerate wear in the long run.
Good to know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts