Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - Pulled the trigger and got a "new to me" 2017 Africa Twin DTC. Got a great deal on it and she was pretty well farkled when I got her at 6k miles. I used to ride a KLR 650 and I loved that bike. I gave the KLR to my son so now I have an adventure riding buddy.
I love this bike - I love the linear power (****, I love the increased power from my KLR). The AT is about 90 lbs heavier, so that will take some new learning on how to ride.

Love this bike.

·
Super Moderator
1,037 Posts
Welcome JJ. I am near neighbor from Highlands Ranch. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase! :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
Hi and welcome
looking good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome JJ! The AT has a little more oomph than the KLR. I had a KLR and it was a good bike, but not a whole lot of power. Enjoy, ride safe and have fun!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I look forward to it. Rode on Saturday for a bit, it was windy but beautiful. Need to get her on some trails

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome JJ and congrats! I made the leap from the KLR as well and have had no regrets. Would like to hear your thoughts as you get familiar with your new toy.

Ride safe!

Bookem

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey JJ, welcome aboard. You will find lots of former KLR riders here. In fact, Bookem helped me decide to upgrade to the ATAS from my 2015 KLR. The members here are great and always willing to help. In the dirt, the extra weight of the AT seems to melt away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well - Pulled the trigger and got a "new to me" 2017 Africa Twin DTC. Got a great deal on it and she was pretty well farkled when I got her at 6k miles. I used to ride a KLR 650 and I loved that bike. I gave the KLR to my son so now I have an adventure riding buddy.
I love this bike - I love the linear power (****, I love the increased power from my KLR). The AT is about 90 lbs heavier, so that will take some new learning on how to ride.

Love this bike. View attachment 53997
Welcome, great looking bike, also great to ride with your Son! Enjoy and stay safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts