Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am not new to motorcycles, i've been riding since I was 18 and average about 10-15k a year on 2 wheels. I've been eyeing Adventure bikes for the past 2 years or so, and was really looking at the GS1250. But discovering the AT, made me reconsider. I was in a dealership on Saturday looking at other things, and there was the 18 AT AS sitting there.....and she followed me home. My ST1300 has to stay there and find a new forever home! ROFL

Can't wait to read and learn more and get this thing dirty!

The Africa didn't come with any cases, so I spent some time Sunday fabing up a temproary trunk until I can get some cases. Not sure if I want to get side cases or just run a rear case as a trunk.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought my new 2017 about 3 months ago and have about 2500 on it now. Just spent the last weekend riding about 300 miles of dirt in the N GA mountains and the bike is great.
I have the Honda bags that I bought used for $100 but plan on buying soft luggage next year.
1. The Honda bags will break on the first fall
2. Hard bags may injure you during a fall

Also put on a set of Shinko 804/805's Great tires!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought my new 2017 about 3 months ago and have about 2500 on it now. Just spent the last weekend riding about 300 miles of dirt in the N GA mountains and the bike is great.
I have the Honda bags that I bought used for $100 but plan on buying soft luggage next year.
1. The Honda bags will break on the first fall
2. Hard bags may injure you during a fall

Also put on a set of Shinko 804/805's Great tires!
Thanks for the input on the bags. TBH I think I will run a rear case, to keep the bike skinny. Are you in GA? I am only 4 miles from the GA line in Alabama. LMK if you wanna meet up and ride sometime.

Where were you riding in NGA, just curious. I know a lot of N GA, I lived there for 5 years before running from high GA taxes over into Alabama.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. The N GA mountains are some great places to ride. I am in N. FL and try to get up there when I can. Some very good riding around Toccoa that isn't as well known as some other areas. A lot of great fire roads.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well I am not new to motorcycles, i've been riding since I was 18 and average about 10-15k a year on 2 wheels. I've been eyeing Adventure bikes for the past 2 years or so, and was really looking at the GS1250. But discovering the AT, made me reconsider. I was in a dealership on Saturday looking at other things, and there was the 18 AT AS sitting there.....and she followed me home. My ST1300 has to stay there and find a new forever home! ROFL

Can't wait to read and learn more and get this thing dirty!

The Africa didn't come with any cases, so I spent some time Sunday fabing up a temproary trunk until I can get some cases. Not sure if I want to get side cases or just run a rear case as a trunk.
Dude ,your plastic looks unclipped..

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts