Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First day that I was able to ride on a weekend without freezing my giblets off. Rode about a 70 mile loop from home and was able to stop for a couple of pictures. If you look above the tank in the third picture, you will see some graffiti left by some earlier inhabitants. Social distancing at its very finest!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
First day that I was able to ride on a weekend without freezing my giblets off. Rode about a 70 mile loop from home and was able to stop for a couple of pictures. If you look above the tank in the third picture, you will see some graffiti left by some earlier inhabitants. Social distancing at its very finest!
Similar petroglyphs can be found in southern Arizona. Pretty interesting and all. Never get bored seeing them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
heatingcontractor,
Just wondering, where those photos were taken? WE have cruised around Utah quite a bit in our travels and retirement. While I'm not familiar with every inch of that state, we've covered quite a lot of it. Also, where is your home, (not address, just city/county etc.)?
Scott

·
Registered
286 Posts
God created panniers?

What a crack up!
Scott

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in Ferron, Utah. We are on the edge of the San Rafael Swell. It is a spectacular area filled with hundreds of miles of trails and roads to explore. This ride was on the Moore cutoff, a paved county road that cuts across part of the swell, North of I-70 West of Green River, Utah. To the West of Ferron is the Manti Lasal National forest where the mountain range reaches up to 10,000 feet. 15 minutes to the desert, 15 minutes to the mountains. What could be better? Oh and by the way, if God had created panniers, they would look better than that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
heatingcontractor,
Thanks for answering me. Yes Sir, you do live in a state that does happen to have, some of the most fun and spectacular trails in our U.S. We have passed by the road(s) that lead to your area, multiple times in the past, on I-70. We did the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab for 14 years in a row several years ago. Since then, we've taken different routes, to different points, using I-70 as a base for many of them.

The last time we ventured off I-70, we took the 6 north of Green River, all the way to Spanish Fork. Then we settled in for the night at a KOA just a hair south of Provo. Man, that area's a ZOO. But, anyways, take a look at a pic or two of riding just above Richfield UT. We camped there in a KOA too and I rode my little TW200 on a lot of those trails, just outside of the town, across (under) I-70.
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got home from camping south of Richfield this weekend. Visited Fremont Indian State park, and other sites nearby. I stay clear of Moab, it being too crowded for me.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Heeeeey, Fremont SP huh?
We've stayed at Fremont SP a couple of times. What a neat little, out of the way place. Very quiet. Our kind-a place. Yeap, Moab has grown so immensily popular in the last 10+ years that, we too have not gone in quite a while. It's a great place with tons and tons of trails and scenery but, the crowds seem to be getting larger and larger. To me, there's way too many other places to explore to just keep going back to the same place, over and over and over again, like some of my friends have. I need to get out to your area to run around with the AT and or the TW. That Mill Site SP looks ok for a base camp.
Scott

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Millsite is a great little state park. Newly renovated. If you come this way, look me up. I would be happy to ride with you. If you want another place to visit, look up the Wedge on the San Rafael. It is called the "Little Grand Canyon". Plenty of space here, without the crowds. Just don't tell anybody.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I most certainly thank you for the invitation and information on the area of Mill Site. I'm always looking for new places. At present, I have to modify my Versa Hauler that I use for hauling my TW on the back of the motorhome. It's rated for 500 lbs and, I want to haul the AT on it. And the AT hovers around 550 or so. So, some bolstering here and there and we'll be good to go, TO YOUR AREA someday soon.
Scott

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking forward to spending time in Southern Utah, hopefully this fall.
I went to Easter Jeep Safari back in '14. What an amazing and unique part of the country.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts