Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lol, in Italian we do not have a real "IT": everything is either HE or SHE. In that sense a motorbike is by grammar a SHE. All this "who cares" above makes even less sense... I mean in english (and on this I am a bit less confident clearly) a "Queen" I'd say is definitevely a SHE :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
It really is a badass looking colour scheme I totally agree, but at the last minute I changed my order from the black to the red version.
2 reasons tbh
1. They removed some of the heavy white from the red and it looked way better than my 2017 red
2. I was worried about the longevity of the Matt paint (years and years)
will be keeping my eye on these matt blacks in 5 years time to see how they fair.

Ps: I also love the way the gloss paint shines on the odd occasion you buff it up lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny how some of us refer to our bikes by gender...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
@gand @DoubleThumper This bike's VIN is 000046 so His name is Vale. 💪 #WLF

I have Duke the Ducati ST2 (def a dude) Christi the Christini (such a cutie), Crusty the Alta (non binary), Ludwig the old Mercedes Van (old dude), Old Blue the 1984 Ford F150 4X4 (non binary). I have a Ducati Streetfighter that I call the Smashfighter because I crashed it, an old Multistrada 1100 that is called Beso Negro (non binary), an XR650 that is just the SEX-R650 and an 848 racebike that is just "the racebike" It is strange, the genderization, but often it comes from a genderized name like Suzie the Isuzu, my first car. I have been calling Vale the "Afreeka Twin" like my South African friends would say it.
QW

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It really is a badass looking colour scheme I totally agree, but at the last minute I changed my order from the black to the red version.
2 reasons tbh
1. They removed some of the heavy white from the red and it looked way better than my 2017 red
2. I was worried about the longevity of the Matt paint (years and years)
will be keeping my eye on these matt blacks in 5 years time to see how they fair.

Ps: I also love the way the gloss paint shines on the odd occasion you buff it up lol
This thing has ~1500 miles on it and is already bush-whacked scratched up on both sides! These evergreens are like scouring pads!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Funny. Mine is the Red, White and Black... I called her Tempest. Before that it was a KLR650 (she was Buddah). Had several bikes before that, but never named them. I think when a bike gets named, it becomes much more personally owned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Funny. Mine is the Red, White and Black... I called her Tempest. Before that it was a KLR650 (she was Buddah). Had several bikes before that, but never named them. I think when a bike gets named, it becomes much more personally owned.

What windscreen r u using? Looks great. My stock one just doesnt do much at 70 on the highway. The honda tall is 100 bucks so am trying it out. Thx.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Nicely done with with the SW-Motech bag setup! Northern front range?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Actually just SouthWest of Parker. Towards Larkspur.. off S Perry Park road and Tomah.... nice ride. Thank you on the bags. I really like them. I have soft bags if I do off road and need them, but I like the hard bags

·
Registered
62 Posts
What windscreen r u using? Looks great. My stock one just doesnt do much at 70 on the highway. The honda tall is 100 bucks so am trying it out. Thx.
This is a V-Stream 17.5" smoked shield. I have to tell you. It is awesome. There is no buffeting at all. With my seat on the high position is is perfect. If I set my seat on low, it cuts a little into my line of sight when off roading, but since I ride mostly standing up off road, I am good with it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not with an extra 50kg of boxes racks and bars it ain't, hope it doesn't bounce about like the trampoline next to it 😂

1 - 20 of 63 Posts