Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Funny. Mine is the Red, White and Black... I called her Tempest. Before that it was a KLR650 (she was Buddah). Had several bikes before that, but never named them. I think when a bike gets named, it becomes much more personally owned.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JJ, I work for SW-Motech, do you mind if we horse around use this image on Instagram? QW

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I've got to say black bikes have never been my preference but y'all have posted up some good ones. I especially like the blacked out Honda panel on the sides. Is that normally silver, a blacked out option, or personal paint? There are examples of both in this thread.
"Murder Is The Case" with all the 2020 black bikes. The guy I bought mine from spray painted his exhaust heat shield and his hand protectors so there was a little xtra murder in there for good measure. QW

·
Registered
56 Posts
JJ, I work for SW-Motech, do you mind if we horse around use this image on Instagram? QW
By all means. Please feel free.... I would be honored. I have a SW Motech tank bag as well, I will get some pictures of the bike and all of my gear.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
I'll throw mine on the pile as well! Only 300 miles on it, waiting on rear mount for my outback 42ltr Not decided on hard side box's vs soft bags for the rest yet. Love it more every time I ride though! Going to try my first 2up on it today. Patiently waiting for altrider to release the skid plate & crash bars... money burning a hole in the pocket!

View attachment 56421 View attachment 56422
What did you use for the HDR image?
just curious... I’ve done sone pretty drastic shots ( non AT ) using that..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I completely agree on black looking awesome, especially the new Black and red 2020 standard model, except that it is hard to find parts for the 2020 model.

Anyone know any common parts from the earlier models that fit, or found out the hard way what doesn't? The frame and a bunch of bits changed, but was anything kept the same for interface purposes?

For instance, something simple like a side stand foot, plenty of options available for the earlier year models, but I have no easy way to verify if those would fit the 2020.

I ordered a rear handle / pannier mount as those don't come standard anymore unless you get the adventure sports model. So you would think the honda part to upgrade the standard would match (since they had black ones on earlier years), nope its the silver one from the AS, so I am getting it coated matte black this weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Black is badass, no doubt and that would've been my choice, had Honda not screwed us by deciding to sell only the DCT variant in Black. The MT comes only in White/Blue/Red here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Black is badass, no doubt and that would've been my choice, had Honda not screwed us by deciding to sell only the DCT variant in Black. The MT comes only in White/Blue/Red here.
I think the people on charge of Marketing and making these STUPID decisions about which country/Market gets which color and equipment are just STUPID.

Sell the fricking Bike in all Colors and All variants in All Countries!!!!.
I am in the same position like you. Like the AT standard Manual in Red.
Not this year in USA. Europe Yes, it is sold there. GRRRRRRR/. :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
One understanding I have is Honda {Your Country Here} does ask for models and options from Honda Japan.

In many cases, Honda Japan denies the request because there is no evidence of such demand. It sounds a bit "Catch 22": How can I sell something if I don't have it and demonstrate to you that it will sell.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts