Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And I wasn't even riding!
I was just rinsing some clay off the wheel rims and As I rilled the bike forward a foot or two to rinse the other half of the wheel i must not have put the stand fully down. As i bent down for the cloth I just saw it going. As it fell, it did so on the corner of a wall. Scuffed the plastic on the gaurds, and it looked like it messed the headlight up at first as it was scuffed, but it just brushed off. Fortunately, however, it is fine with the exception of a scuff on the front fender. Bugger!

No damage elsewhere. The Hand guards prevented contact with the crash bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did it on my Street Triple. Rolled it forward to check a small ding on the front wheel, the kick stand must have got flicked up without me noticing it, and the bike fell against the corner of a wall putting a 3 x 1 inch square dent in the fuel tank. Sucks when stuff like that happens!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dropped mine last week-end on its left side when I lost foot on the snow while lowering the bike from the center stand. Stupid move on my part...

I also have the sw-motech crash bars and I freaked out when I heard 'crack' when it hit the ground.... I took a deep breath and examined the bike while it was on the ground: the side fairing and case cover were not touching the ground. (Pfiou!) However, the stock hand guard and clutch lever were bent. The honda hand guards are wind deflectors at best...
Lesson learned: With Barkbusters (or like), the bike would have layed even higher from the ground.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, glad i fitted the barkbusters only the other day. Have an SW center stand which I haven't yet fitted. I will get right on that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks guys,

You guys are awesome for doing real tests of the crash bars! Convinced me that Bark Busters or other protection is needed on the handle bars.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had to go out of state to get my AT DCT. When unloading the AT from my truck when I got home, I unloaded on a hill. Rolled the AT off the truck quite easily. Put down the side stand on the AT, to move the truck out of the way so as to drive the bike to the house. Hear a noise, looked back, and the AT was chasing me down the hill. When it feel over, I got my first scratch. My first lesson on when to use a parking brake. Road the bike to the house and quickly put on the engine guards.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Excellent job for getting some character on it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dropped twice in the same day, one with my wife up, and one in the garage, bike only with 100 miles.

Saved by Givi protections, only a minor scratchs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts