Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just got home last night from riding my Africa Twin (red manual) across America - 3,175 miles, 11 states.
Now my story - I live in Washington state and had a deposit on a AT here that was to be delivered June 11th, three days before, I got a call that it would not be in till September - I started calling different states to see if any were available - nope not a one - then Nick from Honda of South Georgia posted he had 2, I called him said I wanted the red manual one and that I would fly down in 2 days.
Like that I was there Nick picked me up at the airport drove me to the dealership where I readied the bike for the long trip home, 5 days later I'm home with my new Africa Twin.
I'll claim the first to ride the Africa Twin across America :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 600 mile service was one question I asked the mechanic there in Georgia - we discussed it - and basically decided there wasn't much that could be done other then change the oil (filters are hard to come by but I found out there are a lot of makes that will work - I changed my oil today and used a Fram filter and Amsiol oil).
I checked the oil along the way and it looked like new (no discolor or darkening).
As far as my impressions - this bike is awesome - it performed incredibly well - through 3 states the speed limit was 80 mph I was doing 85 and 90 sustained for hours (make it or break it).
I really enjoy riding just wish I didn't have to rush home, as for the bike, once I get it set up for off road then my final evaluation will be out but I'm sure it will exceed there too.

Thanks for watching my video's I'll post a complete one on my trip later

·
Registered
668 Posts
- then Nick from Honda of South Georgia posted he had 2, I called him said I wanted the red manual one and that I would fly down in 2 days.
Like that I was there Nick picked me up at the airport drove me to the dealership where I readied the bike for the long trip home, 5 days later I'm home with my new Africa Twin.
I'll claim the first to ride the Africa Twin across America :grin2:
Good for you!
I live in Atlanta, GA and also spoke to Nick (about 2 1/2 hr south).
He told me about you.
If I had called as soon as you did, we'd be enemies.:smile2:
But I wanted the DCT version and ended up buying closer to home.

Same Rally Red.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.