Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just got home last night from riding my Africa Twin (red manual) across America - 3,175 miles, 11 states.
Now my story - I live in Washington state and had a deposit on a AT here that was to be delivered June 11th, three days before, I got a call that it would not be in till September - I started calling different states to see if any were available - nope not a one - then Nick from Honda of South Georgia posted he had 2, I called him said I wanted the red manual one and that I would fly down in 2 days.
Like that I was there Nick picked me up at the airport drove me to the dealership where I readied the bike for the long trip home, 5 days later I'm home with my new Africa Twin.
I'll claim the first to ride the Africa Twin across America :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awesome. Ive seen some of your youtube videos. Just curious, did you fit in the 600 mile service during the trip? How was the ride and what are your impressions of the AT?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 600 mile service was one question I asked the mechanic there in Georgia - we discussed it - and basically decided there wasn't much that could be done other then change the oil (filters are hard to come by but I found out there are a lot of makes that will work - I changed my oil today and used a Fram filter and Amsiol oil).
I checked the oil along the way and it looked like new (no discolor or darkening).
As far as my impressions - this bike is awesome - it performed incredibly well - through 3 states the speed limit was 80 mph I was doing 85 and 90 sustained for hours (make it or break it).
I really enjoy riding just wish I didn't have to rush home, as for the bike, once I get it set up for off road then my final evaluation will be out but I'm sure it will exceed there too.

Thanks for watching my video's I'll post a complete one on my trip later

·
Registered
424 Posts
- then Nick from Honda of South Georgia posted he had 2, I called him said I wanted the red manual one and that I would fly down in 2 days.
Like that I was there Nick picked me up at the airport drove me to the dealership where I readied the bike for the long trip home, 5 days later I'm home with my new Africa Twin.
I'll claim the first to ride the Africa Twin across America :grin2:
Good for you!
I live in Atlanta, GA and also spoke to Nick (about 2 1/2 hr south).
He told me about you.
If I had called as soon as you did, we'd be enemies.:smile2:
But I wanted the DCT version and ended up buying closer to home.

Same Rally Red.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts