Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have ordered or taken most of the advice that has been given. I know that I will need larger foot pigs, any suggestions on what brand works well.

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
389 Posts
I’ll mention the CamelADV pegs. Price good, wide and comfortable. Only complaint the left peg stop on mine only touches on one side. That said I mount on that peg no problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Spencer -
Like you I just purchased a bone stock '18 AT/AS/DCT with 1,600 miles on it last month from a Honda dealer. Based on my needs and input from others on this forum, here is what I have added or plan to prior to riding it this spring.

OEM center stand ( part number 08M70-MKK-D21 )
Barkbusters with VPS guards
Wide footpegs
Camel ADV Windscreen Brace
MotoPumps GPS Mount
Garmin Zumo XT
Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires

I’m finishing up connecting the GPS power supply to the accessory plug behind the front fairing. If you go this route you’ll need a couple female HM sealed terminal connectors and a crimp tool. I purchased these from amazon as Eastern Beaver has shipping issues.

I’ll change the oil filters and fill with Maxima Pro Plus oil as well. Even though the dealer promised this service was performed - peace of mind.

Andy

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That picture looks like mine will look in a couple of weeks when I get my light harness in.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I have a 2019 Africa Twin and can confirm the Canadian models did not get self cancelling signals. that may be a good thing. I took a test ride on a Pan America with self cancelling signal lights and did not like it. The signal lights kept getting cancelled far too soon for the traffic conditions encountered during the ride.
Ya know,
Some of the boys on the Goldwing forum would make comments like that. I myself, can't see it as a problem. To me, if I put the turn signal on for whatever purpose and, while either making a turn, about to turn, changing lanes, or whatever the turn signal was used for, the signal cancels, then I turn it back on! I mean, it's just that simple. As far as your '19 not having the self-canceling versions, I'm no expert as to when they (Honda) started installing self-canceling turn signals and what countries got it, before other ones did. When I brought up the subject on here around 18 months ago or so, I was led to believe that the European version A/T's in '18 or above got them while the U.S. versions didn't get them 'till '20. I've been wanting to find or locate some sort of list that details just what improvements/additions/alterations/omissions/changes etc. that have taken place on the A/T since it's "re-inception" in or around 2016. Haven't found one yet.
Scott

21 - 25 of 25 Posts