Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
...or pull the switch apart, clean the contacts, pack with dielectric grease and reassemble. Fixed!

I seem to recall some folks having an issue with the bike shutting down immediately after starting due to micro-arcing in the switch itself. The fix, surprisingly, was to start shutting the bike off with the kill switch. It was on ADVrider forum but I just tried and can't find the thread. It took me a while to get used to it, but I use the kill switch most of the time now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Tried using the side stand today whilst stopping to adjust my Batzen screen, and all was fine, engine cut off and no need to reset all the abs and traction control settings when starting off again. so that's what ill be doing from now!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Guys... I'm wondering if something I've noticed on my bike is related. Very occasionally, with the clutch pulled in I might blip the throttle and the engine just goes "CLUNK" and dies. It almost sounds like a tiny hydrolock. This happens randomly, but it's always WAY after I've been riding for a while, not while the engine is just warming up. I'm wondering if that micro-arcing issue roadwarrior mentioned above is the culprit. I never use the kill switch; I always use my side stand and then the key. Has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Guys... I'm wondering if something I've noticed on my bike is related. Very occasionally, with the clutch pulled in I might blip the throttle and the engine just goes "CLUNK" and dies. It almost sounds like a tiny hydrolock. This happens randomly, but it's always WAY after I've been riding for a while, not while the engine is just warming up. I'm wondering if that micro-arcing issue roadwarrior mentioned above is the culprit. I never use the kill switch; I always use my side stand and then the key. Has anyone else had this happen?
Happened to me a couple of times early on, I got out of the habit of blip-ing the throttle as you don't need to on a FI bike, no more problem.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts