Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Pit Bull swing arm stand today..... OMFG!!! WELL WORTH THE $$ Paid a buck or two more and upgraded to the longer handle and my ATAS goes up with very little effort, I’d say if you held the bike straight a kid could put it up on that stand. Also the bike is VERY, VERY, stable on it too, short of running full tilt and drop kicking the bike, you would be hard pressed to knock it off the stand.. I ABSOLUTELY love that stand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As a new AT owner I am about to get a paddock/swing arm stand but I need one that I can roll the bike around on swiveling castors in order to get the bike tucked away into a small shed. On the Pit Bull web site I could not find anything appropriate. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea they are JUST work stands and they make transport stands too. But for that purpose they can’t be beat. I had a cheap 50$ one and there was no way the AT was going up on that, lol, not that it really mattered there was no way I could even get it up on in anyway. I’m 280lbs and ALL my weight PLUS me lunging on it wouldn’t budge the rear wheel. And even if with a couple of guys to do it. I wouldn’t trust it, my KLR650 was a bear to get on it and was wobbly and that bike was (on paper) 85# lighter.
The PitBull is one hand and very little effort not to mention rock solid once it’s up. But none of this does you any good, you just need some good solid storage stands and I’m not sure on those, sorry..

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have 3 sets of pitbull stands sitting in my garage (from my racing days).

Pho sho they are one high-quality stands. They just weigh so much.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very easy, the thin lever rotates and locks the wheels. You then align the trolley with the centre stand .. and raise as if just putting bike on centre stand. Once on there rotate lever opposite direction unlocking wheels and you are then free to wheel around the garage / workshop

·
Registered
7 Posts
As I have not got a centre stand I was considering a Renntec Moovamoto with cups. As I have only just joined this forum I am unfortunately not able to post a link so apologies for that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pit bull is the best company! I have 4 of their stands and two of their trailer restraints. One set on a open trailer and one set in my toy hauler.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea they are a tad heavy compared to some but that equates to a rock solid stand that I’m not even remotely concerned about torquing or pulling/pushing on the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts