Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Then it looks you are missing the point. But never mind it’s not a problem.
Im not missing any point at all. fact of the matter is you have apparently been told one thing...

and i compare and contrast that with the emails i have.. and its a completely different narrative. I can only assume that there must be some problem with translation. maybe.

but.. i will say this. It seems extremely odd to me that Kineo would redesign a Hub based on a single complaint that only exists on this forum. And nowhere else.

A complaint that they categorically deny ever receiving either from a customer direct or from an official kineo Dealer.. They also denied ever offering an OEM type hub as a special order for their rims. (which is mentioned in post 6.)

Their stock answer to vibration issues is and has always been. have the wheel properly balanced.

I laughed at their final line... which i will quote exactly.

Taking all of the above into account - plus the amount of Kineos sold for the Africa Twin, we can assume this is a case of somebody imagination.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is highly unlikely.

but anyway...

You're confused.. I can add to that by saying that both the UK importer and Kineo themselves were also confused, when I made a point of asking about some of the concerns and comments from this forum. I wanted answers and got them.

I ordered a pair of kineo wheels as after much inner debate I concluded that these were the best long term solution for me.. they came at a cost. but I was lucky and that was mostly absorbed by the end of year discount I got on the bike in November.

Wheels took just under 10 weeks to arrive.

I am very pleased with the result. Front and rear. Bike is now wearing Conti Trail Attack 3s and has no tubes. And I have no complaints.
Hi, do those tubeless kineos fit with the stock disc brakes, chain and sprockets? Any reviews on the wheels?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi, do those tubeless kineos fit with the stock disc brakes, chain and sprockets? Any reviews on the wheels?
Everything swaps over with one exception, the rear sprocket is supplied by kineo already fitted to the wheel. Ive not looked into it yet, but on the face of it I (may) have to replace it with a new kineo supplied sprocket. I will only know if this is actually the case when its time to replace everything. Aside from that the wheels have been no problem at all. what can I say about them? They are easy to clean. And work just as any other quality wheel should.

Apologies for the delay in answering, Ive been to the Dolomites.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Everything swaps over with one exception, the rear sprocket is supplied by kineo already fitted to the wheel. Ive not looked into it yet, but on the face of it I (may) have to replace it with a new kineo supplied sprocket. I will only know if this is actually the case when its time to replace everything. Aside from that the wheels have been no problem at all. what can I say about them? They are easy to clean. And work just as any other quality wheel should.

Apologies for the delay in answering, Ive been to the Dolomites.

View attachment 57529
Thanks for the reply! If the OEM Honda sprocket don’t fit, each time your Kineo sprocket wears out, you’ll have to buy sprocket from Kineo again?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Will a 2017 AT set of wheels fit a 2020 or 2021 AT? I guess what I am asking if I buy a set for my 2017 are they obsolete when I buy a replacement bike down the road.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks for the reply! If the OEM Honda sprocket don’t fit, each time your Kineo sprocket wears out, you’ll have to buy sprocket from Kineo again?
At the moment I have to say yes, until I take it the local expert and he will tell me if there is an alternative. the Kineo sprocket is a quality item though.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts