Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Comfort costs, but for this tall rider with US14 boots, the price for comfort was worth it. I decided on these pegs after listening/reading to a "Woodmanz" review of them on U-tube.

Let me start by saying the fabrication of the Knight Designs AT footpegs is outstanding. The look, heft, and finish are perfect.

These pegs use the OEM Honda mounting hardware and springs, so they are easy to change over. The pegs are approx. 3/4 inch lower than the stock footpegs on my 18 ATAS. What this means for me is that my knees now ride UNDER the tank "bulge" on the ATAS. My feet can naturally splay outward a bit while riding with my arches on the pegs. The pegs have a slight tilt inboard and are not perfectly flat. At first I wasn't sure I'd like that, but while riding, I notice that it keeps my feet from sliding off the pegs, which happened a few times with the OEM little pegs. Of course, these pegs are much wider and longer than the OEM pegs.

I opted for the rubber top grips, but there are two metal teeth options that can be purchased instead. All are interchangeable.

I read on another forum about riders saying these pegs were in the way of their shins/boots when they came to a stop. I have found no such inconvenience. My feet and shins naturally fall toward the ground at a stop BEHIND the pegs, just as they did before. My shins don't hit the pegs, so I cannot imagine my pants being caught up on these pegs, like one reviewer claimed. But then again, I don't wear disco bell bottom pants while riding!

Standing while riding on these pegs is comfortable and helps tall riders come closer to standing upright.

Overall, I'm very happy with the comfort of these pegs, despite their high price. I'd say that if you're very tall, like me, these would be an obligatory purchase. YMMV.

(Apologies for the inverted photo, I cannot get it to upload correctly)

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I originally bought the Knights Designs. Very nicely made. I installed and did not have any problems when coming to a stop putting my feet down. The problem I had was when I had to manually move the bike forward or reverse. Then they constantly hit my shins. I returned them and bought the Black Dog Cycle Works pegs. Pricey but really nice.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I originally bought the Knights Designs. Very nicely made. I installed and did not have any problems when coming to a stop putting my feet down. The problem I had was when I had to manually move the bike forward or reverse. Then they constantly hit my shins. I returned them and bought the Black Dog Cycle Works pegs. Pricey but really nice.
Thanks.

https://blackdogcw.com/bdcw-footpegs/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts