Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about to reinstall my rear wheel and noticed that the diagrams in the service manual and parts book seem to disagree. If you look at the first picture attached below (from page 18-3 of the service manual) you can see that the collar with the flange appears to be on the brake (right) side.

But if you look at the two details from the parts book, you can see that part 9 ("COLLAR, RR. BRAKE SIDE") is flangeless, while part 8 (COLLAR, RR. WHEEL SIDE) clearly has a flange.

I cannot find any photos online of the actual parts, so I don't know for sure which diagram is drawn wrong. But I'm going to assume that the part book is right as I guess those drawings would be better validated and in any case the flange is rendered more clearly. (FWIW, the NC700 parts diagrams online have the same drawn configuration [flange on the drive side].)

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, got my tubeless Alpinas installed yesterday. The ride side hub edge to brake disc distance is not the same as stock, which confused me for a while. But the wheel fits because the collar seating surface to brake disc distance is the same, and that's what matters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts