Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just finished fitting a pair of Kosco Apollo heated grips on my 2017 AT which look great and work OK.
One thing I'd like to mention is they are not as hot as the "Daytona" heated grips on my TA.
The maximum setting on the Kosco grips is only equivalent to settting 3 (75%) on the Daytona grips.
I hadn't heard of Kosco grips until coming across a post on this forum and I decided on them because of the integral switch on the left grip therefore forgoing the unsighlty handlebar mounted controller on the Oxfords.
At the moment they are wired direct to the battery but I plan on fitting a relay which I want to operate off the accessory plug under the seat. I think I saw a post (but haven't been able to find it again) on the forum detailing what the part number is of 4 pin male connector to fit into the plug under under the seat, Can anyone please assist?
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive design
Bicycle handlebar Vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle accessory Automotive lighting

In the photos you can also see the Atlas Throttle Lock which I fitted a few months ago, definitely the best non electric cruise control I've tried.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't ridden on a frosty morning yet, but it was 11 degrees the day I tested them. I ride with summer gloves (all year round) so in theory they should have the best heat transfer. I'm still undecided at the moment if they will be as hot as I would of liked

·
Registered
101 Posts
I run the koso grips ..did you fit a sleve over the left bar as to help with heat transfer ? , I find they get too hot after a while with my summer gloves and winter gloves they also get a bit hot at full heat ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts