Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Tubeless project.

Bought both the angled and straight 10mm stems. Because I use TPMS caps, the straight work better.

Three weeks now and pressures steady. And snow steady too.
Ghorgan, thanks very much for taking the time to reply in such detail, much appreciated. 10mm stems though, did you enlarge the hole? Though it is 8.3mm standard.

Sorry to hear about the snow, hope it clears up quickly for you

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, the compressor connector side is 10mm, but I ordered the 8.3mm bases which fit the smaller hole for an inner tube.
So, I can revert to a tube.

I did reuse the black strip in the well, maybe protect the tape during tire fitting/removal.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes, the compressor connector side is 10mm, but I ordered the 8.3mm bases which fit the smaller hole for an inner tube.
So, I can revert to a tube.

I did reuse the black strip in the well, maybe protect the tape during tire fitting/removal.
Thanks again. 8.3 is what I’m ordering so good to confirm.

I got a 18 by 3 inch Harley Davidson rim strip for the rear from Ebay, should cover and protect the tape nicely from tire changes. 30mm is the biggest I’ve found for the front 21 though. Might just put a layer of gorilla tape.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been using the Koso grips for a year and I like them. HOWEVER, do not trust the auto-shutdown. I accidentally left them on twice this winter and they killed the battery both times. I'll be installing an accessory fuse panel and relay soon.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts