Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my AT on the right side, the crash bars bent and touched the fairing apparently. Now there is a tiny crack in the fairing and the Honda emblem fell off somewhere. What's my least expensive option for getting that replaced? 2016 Silver DCT

·
Registered
129 Posts
I dropped my AT on the right side, the crash bars bent and touched the fairing apparently. Now there is a tiny crack in the fairing and the Honda emblem fell off somewhere. What's my least expensive option for getting that replaced? 2016 Silver DCT
No help with your question, but can you advise what crash bars you had installed?
Doesn't seem like they were much use? Was it a slow or fast spill?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Depending on how bad the crack is, an option is to support the crack from the rear of the panel and apply a sticker over the top just to hide it.

The Honda badge is available from the dealer but its £50!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unless it is severely damaged, buy a plastic weld kit and repair it from the back side, then put a piece of 3M clear on the outside over the crack.
I have a crack in my left side cowl and thought about replacement, but the piece is over $200 and the way I use my AT, as soon as I replaced it, with my luck I might have another incident.
I used the procedure above and you would have to look hard to find the repair.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm starting to think the only way to happily own this bike is using duct tape (black of course)

An adventure bike shouldn't hide her pains....write off the money ....be proud of the bandaids

It's only money.....Drive it like you stole it and fix it the same way. I hope I live long enough to see this bike bandaged from front to back and still chugging along

MeCasa

Reactions: geirvmax

·
Registered
1 Posts
Broken fairing

I broke my front right blinker and that little fairing piece that frames the windshield off the first day out. ABS pipe cement work wonderfully, still holding after 800 miles. No need for a backing plate or weld kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts