Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I've looked at the posts and pictures and videos. I'm getting the 12 volt socket, wiring splitter, OEM switch, and led lights. I see how the socket, splitter and switch fit together, but how does the switch, lights and splitter fit? Will be ordering them soon. The lights will be mounted on the crash bars ( don't know which crash bars I will be getting.) Its a toss up between BDCW and Alt Rider. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
743 Posts
If you are buying the Honda OEM lights then just follow the instructions.
If buying Denali then use the hot wire off the splitter and the Denali switch or connect to Eastern Beaver power source.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Check out post 21 of "12V power socket retrofit" thread. I have a wiring diagram up which worked for me. Note I have shown the main beam connection as going in to the connection, the arrow should be the other way. Not relevant for this application, just highlighting my mistake. The 4 in 1 wiring connection shown was a little chunky, a lighter gauge version would be fine too or a twisted and soldered connection. I cut the end off my Honda fog switch cable and soldered it, no need for another connector taking up space behind the cramped assembly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts