Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

left hand brake

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  deltadude 
#1 ·
Anyone thinking of adding a Rekluse clutch and then rigging up the rear brake on the left lever?

Never done it but heard of many many people doing such. My pushy is already set up this way ;)

#2 ·
afternoon Paige, I put a Rekluse in without the left brake. I have that system ed on my KTM 350exc-f and it's fine. The problem is that the left hand brake takes up a lot of room on the handlebar and not sure if there's enough room for it on the AT. Also, I find that I have more power with the foot control then the handbrake and on the big bike I want to stop if I have too.

#5 ·
I already did (on DCT) bikes, possible and with the right master even not that big problem.
Just need an extra new brake line and a new cable for the brake light.

Reactions: gvmumbral
#6 · (Edited)
I ride with dirt bikes with a couple of guys who use the Ox Brake system and their happy with it. Much easier to install, might be worth looking at. I will state again that using my left hand Rekluse brake on my dirt bike I can't lockup the back tire at speed but it's nice having it especially on steep downslopes. Not interested having it on my large AT but, I am looking at AltRiders larger foot brake pad with the riser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.