Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. They have withstanded a lot of beating but finally my left has gone to meet his maker. Preferably from within EU to avoid taxes etc

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi. They have withstanded a lot of beating but finally my left has gone to meet his maker. Preferably from within EU to avoid taxes etc
looks like time to upgrade the standard garbage & get yourself a set of barkbusters with stom guards on them, they will out last the bike & actually give it the protection it deserves

·
Registered
21 Posts
looks like time to upgrade the standard garbage & get yourself a set of barkbusters with stom guards on them, they will out last the bike & actually give it the protection it deserves
I broke my left one in a parking lot bumping into a parking post at EXTREMELY low speeds. Got the barkbusters and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At the moment I avoid buying stuff made in the US. Besides that I'm not to fond of the design on the Barkbusters and the ADVance Guards are far to expensive

·
Registered
100 Posts
The OEM guards only cost about $14 here in the USA, hopefully they are not much more than that in the UK. Might be cheaper than postage :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
At the moment I avoid buying stuff made in the US. Besides that I'm not to fond of the design on the Barkbusters and the ADVance Guards are far to expensive
Barkbusters arent US made or designed, they were the 1st hand guards made, designed & made in Australia since the 70's & still the strongest, there are many inferior copies. you get what you pay for, how much is a broken clutch lever out in the sticks worth to you?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I also am not very fond of the design of the Barkbusters but they do seem very solid; actually beyond to what they seem, personally I cannot disregard so many positive testimonies for many years.

Bad thing for me is that it seems that they are not available in Greece, or at least I have not found them yet.

I was considering the Hepco guards which have the benefit of fitting the OEM handguards. But I am concerned with their fixation on the handlebar clamps; could a crash eventually cause damage to the clamps due to the Hepcos?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I also am not very fond of the design of the Barkbusters but they do seem very solid; actually beyond to what they seem, personally I cannot disregard so many positive testimonies for many years.

Bad thing for me is that it seems that they are not available in Greece, or at least I have not found them yet.

I was considering the Hepco guards which have the benefit of fitting the OEM handguards. But I am concerned with their fixation on the handlebar clamps; could a crash eventually cause damage to the clamps due to the Hepcos?
That's probably a good question, Petros. I, too, am going with the Hepco & Becker hand-guards. They seem to me to be a bit more robust overall--connected as they are to the clamps, running the whole length of the handle bar. The right sort of crash can cause damage to just about anything. I guess I'll take my chances.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts