Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know these bikes can do quite a bit, but riding in such deep water motor & oxygen sensor covered in sudden cold water, how good is that for the mechanical stuff :unsure:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know these bikes can do quite a bit, but riding in such deep water motor & oxygen sensor covered in sudden cold water, how good is that for the mechanical stuff :unsure:
Is water soaking the stock paper air filter an issue? Went through a few deep muddy puddles fast enough to spray water over the windshield and somewhat concerned about that.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The 2016 Twin 's two air filters are buried inside left and right-side serpentine ducts with intakes behind the front-facing aspect of the fairing and they're pretty high up. You would have to nearly submerge the front headlight for the water level to reach these intakes. Splashing water up onto the fairing or windshield would not allow water to reach the inlet.

The ducts are also oriented so the intakes face forward and slightly downward. This means any water would have a bit of a hill to climb before it reached the plenum in front of the filter.I also believe the plenum has a small drain hole at the bottom but I may be mistaken. I'll check next time I service the filters.

You should be fine as long as you keep the bike on its two wheels (thanks DT).

·
Super Moderator
3,564 Posts
The 2016 Twin 's two air filters are buried inside left and right-side serpentine ducts with intakes behind the front-facing aspect of the fairing and they're pretty high up. You would have to nearly submerge the front headlight for the water level to reach these intakes. Splashing water up onto the fairing or windshield would not allow water to reach the inlet.

The ducts are also oriented so the intakes face forward and slightly downward. This means any water would have a bit of a hill to climb before it reached the plenum in front of the filter.I also believe the plenum has a small drain hole at the bottom but I may be mistaken. I'll check next time I service the filters.

You should be fine.
Nothing that a cool, luxurious nap in the clear running stream can't fix. :unsure:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love this, thank you for posting it. One time I had to do a river crossing on a Panigale... we opted to walk it across, too much risk to get water in the intakes! That was a laugh.

·
Registered
349 Posts
He forgot the tip about removing your axles and cleaning/lubing them when your rides over. Unless you don't care if all that stuff corrodes up, and next time you want to change a tire you're all like :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts