Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Multi bike policy, 6 bikes, which I renewed 1 week before New AT was delivered for £300.
Removed a 800GSA, added new AT, additional £90.

51 years old
East Sussex
9+ years no claims discount
No penalty points

·
Registered
6 Posts
I swapped my insurance over from a Harley and was expecting the AT to be cheaper but got stung for another £70 for six months which would make the premium over £400 for a year - ouch.

Fully comp
1 year NCB
No claims or convictions
45 yr old
Edinburgh

Suspect the insurer was taking the piss because it was a mid policy change, so am expecting that it will be cheaper on renewal hoping < £250. For comparison my Fazer 600 is only £100...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Nice one Davy. Can I use your address to insure mine? lol......

Cheapest quote was for £100 through those arseholes at MCE, but they had a £1500 excess tagged on..... Then again, I wouldn't give them a penny after beinging with them before....by far THE worst insurance clowns I've ever had to deal with.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I need a VIN # to find out for sure but initial estimates from my insurance company are in the $400/year range - 40+ rider, full coverage (collision, public liability, theft/vandalism) no accidents or claims, long history of motorcycle insurance. I'll post actual rates when the bike arrives.

·
Registered
32 Posts
£101 Fully comp with 90 days Euro.
AXA through Bennetts, through GoCompare
9 years NCD
36 years old
No claims or accidents
Norfolk (not the crime capital of the UK)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Approx £145 ..5 yrs NCB, fully comp incl European cover Etc .. only approx. cos of the mid term change ..

·
Registered
23 Posts
You're all better off than me. £600 fully comp. 50+ 5 years ncb and no claims. Don't have a garage though and live in SW london. Ouch.

·
Registered
112 Posts
£464 Fully Comp Protected No Claims full European recovery 3 Bike Multi Policy with Carol Nash Max no Claims

County of Norfolk

cost a Extra £53.20p to replace my Triumph Tiger 800xc with my Africa £13.20 for the bike and a infuriating and absolutely Scandalous £40 administration fee for alteration to policy details

·
Registered
121 Posts
£270 (ish) from memory
1 y NCD
Norfolk

I am pretty sure address is the biggest thing for insurance on this bike.

Interesting how many of us are over 49 !

·
Registered
112 Posts
£270 (ish) from memory
1 y NCD
Norfolk

I am pretty sure address is the biggest thing for insurance on this bike.

Interesting how many of us are over 49 !

I'm 59 and should know better (Norfolk)

anyone interested in a road racing camping weekend in Hengalo Holland 30th April 2nd May ??

1 - 20 of 59 Posts