Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

What handguards are installed on your bike?

• Stock

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Barkbusters

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Zeta

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • SW-Motech

• Acerbis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Touratech

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Machine Art Moto

• Cycra

• Other (please let us know)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hepco and Becker

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

· Registered
2019 ATAS Manual
334 Posts
MachineArt Moto Advance guards, love them, Can be configured 3 (actually 4) ways within seconds.
First is just the frame.
Second frame with insert.
Third and fourth is with deflector which can be either lowered or raised.

Frame only for summer.
View attachment 78781

Frame with insert for Autumn.

View attachment 78782

Deflector raised for winter, don't have a pic with it lowered but it just looks similar but with the upturned edge next to the frame.

View attachment 78783
The frame is plastic? I went to their website but I couldn't find a description of materials. Must be some tough stuff if you've already dropped it 3 times and they're holding up. That's pretty good!

· Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I think there are a few options for the "plastic" backbones. Touratech, Acerbis, and MachineArt.

· Administrator
4,224 Posts
I think there are a few options for the "plastic" backbones. Touratech, Acerbis, and MachineArt.
I believe the heavy-duty Touratech models such as the Defensa use an aluminum exoskeleton or in the case of the Kobra habdguards rely on a Barkbuster aluminum backbone.

Same with the Acerbis models such as the Rally Pro or X-Factor, which have an aluminum "inner bar."

But I believe they both offer some options that are entirely composite ("plastic").

My understanding was that Machine Art had been using an aluminum composite that would actually crack, shatter and sometimes splinter on impact in extreme cases. So they dropped that in favor of the composite plastic.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

101 - 105 of 105 Posts