Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
610 miles and had my 5th or 6th crank and no start, had the dealer pick it up today. Hoping this isn't a sign of how reliable this bike is going to be. Luckily I kept my NC700X that has given me over 17000 miles without one issue so I can still ride. I love Honda, but pretty disappointed I felt the need to buy the extended warranty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
610 miles and had my 5th or 6th crank and no start, had the dealer pick it up today. Hoping this isn't a sign of how reliable this bike is going to be. Luckily I kept my NC700X that has given me over 17000 miles without one issue so I can still ride. I love Honda, but pretty disappointed I felt the need to buy the extended warranty.

Hopefully just a loose switch somewhere, like kickstand or something. Let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They said all they did is replace the battery, and it hasn't skipped a beat for the last 1700 miles. I found a loose ground at the battery at about 400 miles if I remember correctly. I guess the being discharged and recharged 4 or 5 times killed it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2016, where it cranked over a few times but didn't fire up. I put a new battery in - problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts