Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally going to pick up my new AT from a dealer about 4 hours away in two days. We plan to load it into a pickup bed, the same way I have transported dirt bikes hundreds of times with bikes weighing a couple hundred pounds less. There will be plenty of help at the dealer but only two of us at home and all we have is a ramp and step stool. I plan on finding a slope to back into that will minimize the angle and drop distance. Any experience out there (good or bad) ?

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I brought mine home in a 3/4 ton GMC with 6.5' bed with tailgate down. Dealer had a decent ramp and low spot to get the trucks tailgate low enough to load it in the truck. Ramp was really wide and very long i think it was an old u-haul box truck ramp. Anywho service guy gently rode it up into the truck no issue. and I think it was his first time to ever ride a DCT. Lucky me...

At my house it took 4 of us to get it unloaded on my steep land.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ride it home...end of problem!!:smile2:
Or park it facing back in the truck and then jump it out :) good way to test the suspension!
Just don't do it like the guy at 4min10sec

1 - 5 of 5 Posts