Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Firstly, This is a small forum and your targeting a small amount of members in the uk/eu. You’ve got to find people that can get 2-3 weeks off (that’s me ruled out).

Secondly, the schedule you have now deleted, was a 500-600 riding day, for 12 - 14 days, that’s 12 hour days with breaks, fuel, border crossings and then you’ve got to add ferry crossing. (Done all this in my younger days, got the T shirt ;0), now I’d rather it was a more relaxing cruise rather than a a thrashed marathon).

You haven’t added time For rest days, sight seeing, off-roading, etc, etc. I’m guessing those that read your post, were just not interested, simple. And yes, your kind description is a reasonable description of me (even though I’m only 52, I’m not wearing well, back, knees and shoulders are shot from work and sport activities). Not sure other members will be so chuffed about your comments though.

Glad to see your insurance paid up and hope you have a great time on your trip.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Note to self: Don't go to a geriatric ward to find people to play baseball with.
Wow, a bit harsh...as above, most won't have the leave and I for one just don't want to ride down Western Africa. Simple as that.
Enjoy a safe trip

·
Registered
27 Posts
He has decided that this is not the right forum for his tastes and has had his account deleted.
I wish him the best!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hope he finds his travel partner and enjoys an awesome trip. I'm struggling to think of any forum where there'll be a taker, weeks before a major trip crossing the western sahara etc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I decided I wasn't going to feed the troll when I read his silly response one day after posting what seemed like a not very well planned trip lol. Not that I was interested in that particular trip. I'm headed to Tuktoyaktuk instead!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts