Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im going to be looking at a 2016 AT dct with about 4,000 miles on it, what all should i look out for and check when im looking at it? i never rode a dct bike.

·
Registered
50 Posts
so im going to be looking at a 2016 AT dct with about 4,000 miles on it, what all should i look out for and check when im looking at it? i never rode a dct bike.
All the same checks that you would do buying any second hand bike.

If you can find a friend who is familiar with the model to come with you all the better.

Sadly it should have had the 800 mile service and then the next service is 8000 so it won't have had a mileage related service. Should have had an age related service though.

Good idea if it has not had a recent (last 12 months) service it might be an option to think about factoring it in to purchase cost.

Well looked after...shouldnt really be anything to go wrong...so make sure the story stacks, mileage is genuine and history evidenced....

Have fun.

Stuart

·
Registered
91 Posts
2016 with 4,000 miles is barely broken in. I bought a 2016 new 4 months ago and it has 6500 miles on it now.

Not much too look for other than signs of damage.

Buy it, change the oil and ride the **** out of it. It's a cool bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts