Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Looking for a good resource for DTC codes on 1100 CRF

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ursman 
#1 ·
Hey all, So I just experienced my first issue with my ATAS ES today and I'm not sure where to find the list of DTC codes. I just tried starting the bike after it had sat for roughly a week. It started for a brief 5 secs. and died immediately. I shut the key off and engine stop button and when I tried powering back up, the fuel pump stopped working (no noise) and I got 2 codes: S93 and B3. I did all the usual things, checked fuses, disconnect battery etc. but to no avail. The fact that I've got no fuel pump running when i power on is a bit disconcerting. The bike is still under warranty but I was curious if anyone has the DTC codes or has experienced this.

#3 ·
So, I must have some dyslexia kicking in, I posted the codes wrong, It was actually B93 and S3........gettin old sucks lol. Anyway, I've looked into the problem a bit further and found that there are two fuse boxes, the one under the seat and the PGM FI box behind the right side battery cover. I removed the cover, got to the fuses and saw in fact, the fuel injector fuse had popped......So a big piece of the puzzle was found. I had installed the Bark Buster Storm guards on my bars recently and knew that that could have something to do with the short. I know it sounds odd, but when I installed the brackets for the hand guards, the throttle side was really close to the throttle connectors to the point that they were almost smashing them. After adjusting the guard on the right side a bit lower, the fuse popping stopped. There is so much crap hanging off the end of these bikes that it's a real challenge to massage in the bracket so that it won't end up messing things up. So crisis averted but just be warned if you install aftermarket guards on your ride. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.