Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you looking to replace the feeble OEM horn, I just installed a Denali SoundBomb Mini Horn. It is a direct replacement - installation took about 5 minutes and it is MUCH louder than the OEM horn. Cost is around $30 and is widely available (at least in the USA). Thoroughly recommended.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Nice. I discovered after getting my Varadero that it had a Stebel horn - didn't know when I bought it. Having a louder horn can be quite useful when others are not paying attention to you. :)

I'll check out the Soundbomb.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ring REH100/300
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Single-Twin-Terminal-Low-Note-Horn-Blister-Pack-Fitting-Kit-Ring-REH100-300-/401227866026?hash=item5d6b0b5faa:g:E1IAAOSwiDFYLvOH
I use a Ring REH100/300 and at 112 dB it certainly gets noticed, sounds more like a truck than a motorcycle. For me certainly improves safety over stock horn.
Very simple job to swap over with existing horn.
At £11.54 including delivery it is a small price to pay for such an improvement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I gave the denali sound bomb mini a shot and worked out perfect. First, I bought the piaa slim dual sports horns (http://www.piaa.com/store/p/395-Automotive-Slim-Sports-Horn-400/500Hz.aspx), but the AT doesn't leave enough room or slack in the wiring to make them (even just one) plug and play. The mini almost clicked into place and seems to have enough clearance for suspension and turning radius. The only change I needed to make was to bend the connectors to be parallel with the horn. Much louder than the "meeper" stock horn, but by no means an air horn - sounds like a mid-sized car horn and that works for me, esp. for the no-effort install.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
I went with the Soundbomb compact. It is a more complex installation as it requires a relay (buy the "plug and play" wiring kit) but I was doing electrical work anyway so it wasn't a lot more effort to install. The bracket attaches to the crank case cover (it includes two bolts to replace the stock ones) so the horn moves from between the forks to the left side of the engine.

It is extremely loud...

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would second the full on Soundbomb. Had it on my Integra. Just waiting for the dedicated bracket to arrive for the AT. It is very loud and would wake the dead.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
just purchased the denali soundbomb motorcycle air horn , harness and bracket from twisted throttle!!! i dont know why it took me so long to change out the weak stock horn!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I ride gravel and Forest Service Roads a lot. Anyone with something lighter and almost as loud as The Denali soundbomb?

I’m afraid of the extra unstrung weight mounted in front of my Rad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts