Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am looking for an OEM upper chain guard for my 2017 Africa Twin TCD. I can find the aftermarket ones, but cannot located the part number for an OEM.

Would anyone know what part number this is? See, no upper chain guard.

Thank you all.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hello
I am looking for an OEM upper chain guard for my 2017 Africa Twin TCD. I can find the aftermarket ones, but cannot located the part number for an OEM.
Would anyone know what part number this is? See, no upper chain guard.
Thank you all.
View attachment 55909
From this angle it looks like that RotoPax in the wrong spot! Seriously, at full suspension compression your chain guard comes up a long way.
Chain guard is item-1 SWINGARM CHAIN CASE for Honda AFRICA TWIN 1000 RED 2017 # HONDA Motorcycles & ATVS Genuine Spare Parts Catalog

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks black99s. That is about as high as I can get the Rotopax. Hopefully I wont have to do full compression on the rear. But you do have a point! I need to measure my clearance from the bottom of the tank to the chain.

Thank you for the info on the chain guard and pointing out the Rotopax.

Stay safe

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks black99s. That is about as high as I can get the Rotopax. Hopefully I wont have to do full compression on the rear. But you do have a point! I need to measure my clearance from the bottom of the tank to the chain.

Thank you for the info on the chain guard and pointing out the Rotopax.

Stay safe
I'll make a note to post a pic of my Camel Tank install. Had to trim the end of the chain guard to get clearance. When I had the rear shock out I lifted the rear tire to match full suspension compression. It comes up a long way.
I'm only 150lb and even with 100N rear spring I can almost bottom the suspension on ugly rocky forest service roads.
Lots of people add tool tubes and other stuff that later gets smashed and breaks things when the suspension fully compresses.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am at 164... dont carry much weight on the bike besides me when I offroad; water, the rotopax and now I carry a MotobikeJack (I dumped my bike on a rut downhill last week and I had a really hard time lifting it (I can lift it on a flat road everyday). I've never adjusted my rear shock on the front springs. I should do that. I look forward to the picture and again, thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
475 Posts
JJ Mendez
Rear suspension travel is 220mm or 9", so count on 9" minimum AT THE AXLE for suspension full travel movement. Anything projecting out past the axle, like the chain guard, will rise higher.
When installing the Camel Tank one must trim the end of the chain guard for clearance to the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts