Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed uncommon noise when riding through the rough terrain over the bumps, from the back side of the bike.

Checked everything, and found that taillight are moving and touching the base.
But still cannot find the nut to tighten(( Does anybody else had same issue? How to get to the mounting bolts of the tail light?

PS Found over the Internet quite the same video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQNZa1JGlkI

·
Registered
159 Posts
The tail light has been talked about widely on different places. They are all loose and it's by design. As the light bulb inside is a regular bulb, having it loose is actually a good thing for the bulb, as it absorbs the vibrations.
I've seen photos of people using black tape for a quick fix, but might not be the best idea in the long one. Time will tell. End of the day, it's a little light, can't see it, can hear it (at times), that's what he only problem really.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Loose rear light cluster, yes, yes, yes, It's design that way to cope with off road shudders and vibes, just like KTM and others who know.

M

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see) but it is the first time I've met moving it with amplitude, that i can hear plastic touching the light.. so it was a question for me) thanks for relief)
AT is a dream, without any doubt)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts