Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
I am not but it looks a great event.

I am hoping to ride to Malaga via A Coruna and also North Portugal in June, can you recommend some good roads in Northern Portugal to Salamanca in Spain?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not but it looks a great event.

I am hoping to ride to Malaga via A Coruna and also North Portugal in June, can you recommend some good roads in Northern Portugal to Salamanca in Spain?
Hi,
Will you ride from England to Spain?

I live in Guimar茫es (North of Portugal) and when I ride to Salamanca (if I want fast trip) I usually go towards Vila Real, Bragan莽a (border with Spain) and then Zamora. From Zamora to Salamanca is around 60 Km.

For beautiful ride but much more time, Guimar茫es - Vila Pouca de Aguiar (national road N206) than Carrazeda de Ansi茫es, Miranda do Douro (border with Spain) Torregamones and then Salamanca.

Honestly I prefer interior roads, but you'll take much more time (maybe more 3 hours than highway)

Ecoregion Map Atlas World Parallel

Ride safe.
Best Regards,
Nuno Fernandes

Premium Member
Hi,
Will you ride from England to Spain?

I live in Guimar茫es (North of Portugal) and when I ride to Salamanca (if I want fast trip) I usually go towards Vila Real, Bragan莽a (border with Spain) and then Zamora. From Zamora to Salamanca is around 60 Km.

For beautiful ride but much more time, Guimar茫es - Vila Pouca de Aguiar (national road N206) than Carrazeda de Ansi茫es, Miranda do Douro (border with Spain) Torregamones and then Salamanca.

Honestly I prefer interior roads, but you'll take much more time (maybe more 3 hours than highway)

View attachment 68047

Ride safe.
Best Regards,
Nuno Fernandes
Yes, I hope to ride from the UK through France / Spain / Portugal and then Spain. I will ride back through the Pyrenees and the French Alps - Hopefully.

Thanks for the routes, I hope to take the interior roads all the way.......to see more of the countries I ride through. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome!!
I wish to ride from Portugal to UK one day.

Please stay in contact and if you need more information, be my guest. If you want to make a stopover in Guimar茫es, you're welcome :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts