Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my manual gearbox AT about 5 months ago.

Fair few additions, with its off road capabilities being my draw protection against the inevitable off was a big consideration, not so much cosmetic but the bike still being ridable if I come off somewhere really remote!

Pretty much there, finding the foot pegs annoyingly small so will probably invest in some wider platforms soon, other than that I'm pretty happy. Couple of minor drops so far and all good, I'll report back when I have my first proper off and let you know how it held up!

- Heidenau K60 tires
- Full Arrow 'no cat' system + ECU remap (big improvement in performance + saved 5kg's!)
- SW-motech crash bars
- SW-motech skid pan
- SW-motech soft panniers
- SW-motech centre stand
- Honda higher seat
- Rugged roads bar risers
- Rugged roads rear luggage plate
- Double take mirrors
- Bark-buster hand guards
- Front fender riser (wasn't much clearance once i got the nobblies on!)
- Aftermarket 12v supply

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
ECU Remap?

Fair few additions, with its off road capabilities being my draw protection against the inevitable off was a big consideration, not so much cosmetic but the bike still being ridable if I come off somewhere really remote!

Pretty much there, finding the foot pegs annoyingly small so will probably invest in some wider platforms soon, other than that I'm pretty happy. Couple of minor drops so far and all good, I'll report back when I have my first proper off and let you know how it held up!

- Heidenau K60 tires
- Full Arrow 'no cat' system + ECU remap (big improvement in performance + saved 5kg's!)
- SW-motech crash bars
- SW-motech skid pan
- SW-motech centre stand
- Honda higher seat
- Double take mirrors
- Aftermarket 12v supply
Hey Oddjob,
I have the same Arrow full titanium system as you (and most of the add-ons that you have and then some ;). Have a couple of questions on the ECU remap:
_where did you do it?
_how much was it?
_do you have the charts of "before" and "after" torque/power?
Cheers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Oddjob,
I have the same Arrow full titanium system as you (and most of the add-ons that you have and then some ;). Have a couple of questions on the ECU remap:
_where did you do it?
_how much was it?
Cheers.
Looks like that Power Commander has become available for the CRF. I have the prototype PC5 fitted to my bike and can confirm another 8bhp up from standard and another 9 foot pounds of torque. I have DNA air filters and the full Termigoni system along with a blanking plate as the lamba sensor is now redundant

The real benefit is the throttle response, Highly recommended

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey Oddjob,
_where did you do it?
_how much was it?
Cheers.
Hey MaxR,

I'm based in UK, went to Hilltop motorcycles near Leicester - cost £360. Expensive but worth it, rides like a new bike! Did the remap before I'd taken the CAT out / installed Arrow system, so although dyno shows 7bhp and 7ft/lb increase I'd expect that to be a full 10+ now.

I can post the dyno chart when I get back later although I'll warn that it can seem kinda disappointing if taken to literally (power much less than billed once it hits the back wheel). My friend rides a 990 Adv KTM and with my remap + no CAT the AT feels on par (albeit not quite as aggressive on the delivery), add to that the higher ride and (in my opinion) greater handleability off road I think the AT stacks up as the best choice, off-road adv bike on the market!! Not that I need to convince you of that I'm sure ; )

P.S - If you've taken the CAT out with the full system and haven't remapped ECU or at the least installed a power commander you might well be damaging your values. Worth looking into Asap!

P.S P.S - Also thinking of swapping the front sprocket for even more low end grunt. Quick job to swap so would keep stock sprocket for long stretches of highway (higher cruise speeds), then swap out when I get to the off-road!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Odd job as in the Bond villain ? Anyways super nice bike was the £369 just for the re-map and dyno or did that include the Power commander ? This is just a general question and being an old gimmer and stick in the mud will this affect the Honda warranty ? I wonder how any mods done to our AT's affect Hondas warranty procedures, like I said not a dig at anyone but I want a proper exhaust and more power too not sure Mr Honda will agree though ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, was it Goldfinger? Never liked using my real name online, got to protect myself from those investigative journo's when I run for prime minister.

£360 was just the remap and dyno, no power commander just a direct remap of the ECU. From the research I've done the addition of a power commander wouldn't make a huge difference after being properly remapped.

Remapping the ECU might effect the warranty but not 100%, haven't been able to find mention of it in the manual so might be Ok. Honestly its not something I've considered, especially now my bikes running faster, stronger, smoother and (surprisingly) more economically! Remaps aren't damaging, quite the contrary, NOT doing a remap after removing the CAT can be damaging.

I say do it! Guarantied you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
9 Posts

- Heidenau K60 tires
- SW-motech crash bars
- SW-motech skid pan
- SW-motech centre stand
- Honda higher seat
- Double take mirrors
- Aftermarket 12v supply
Were there any fitment issues with the SW-Motech skidplate and Arrow system?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts