Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
After a 7yr break from riding, I have finally bought my dream bike. In the past I have owned a few different bikes (R6, GSXR600, Honda Superdream, CG, FMX) but have always loved the Honda’s the most. After riding the 650 Africa Twin (about 8 yrs ago) I was surprised at how well balanced it was for a big bike and it rode like a dream. From then on I were hooked and planned to buy one….. that never happened. When I saw the new AT I fell in love, was interested in the DCT concept (my cars are auto, I’m lazy) and vowed to have one of my own one day. Two weeks ago I picked up my 2019 ATAS DCT and haven’t stopped smiling since. The feeling of once again being a biker makes me happy and the first ‘bikers nod’ I received after riding away from the showroom cemented the fact that I was once again in our own little club. I work away from home for 8 months of the year meaning I won’t get to ride as much as I’d like but when I do I plan on making every mile count. Ride safe everyone, D.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,256 Posts
Hi and welcome

Reactions: PickTheGreek

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome pickthegreek! Love the username. Greek ethnicity? I'm not Greek but I married one....no one warned me!
It sounds like you're really happy to be back on a bike...period! I think making your way back on an AT was a great choice due to its versatility, strong road manners, wind protection, and the like.
I am on a manual AT AS and am fairly new to it, but already feel confident on it. I can do tighter u-turns on it than my previous BMW R1200GS, and feel much much more confident on it during slow maneuvering.
What color did you get? Send a picture!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome pickthegreek! Love the username. Greek ethnicity? I'm not Greek but I married one....no one warned me!
It sounds like you're really happy to be back on a bike...period! I think making your way back on an AT was a great choice due to its versatility, strong road manners, wind protection, and the like.
I am on a manual AT AS and am fairly new to it, but already feel confident on it. I can do tighter u-turns on it than my previous BMW R1200GS, and feel much much more confident on it during slow maneuvering.
What color did you get? Send a picture!!
Hello, thanks for the warm welcome. No, I am not Greek whatsoever! I was given the name years ago by friends and it kinda stuck ha ha. I went for the tricolour….. I think it looks awesome in that option. I’m thinking about doing the Honda Adventure Centre so they can teach me how to ride it properly. Safe riding, D.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts