Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheers all. So, I picked up a 2017 DCT last year at a great price. After the first "break in" service and oil change, I only managed to get 1200 miles in before winter. So, my question is, should I go ahead and change the relatively new oil and filters or not? The local shop charges north of $150 for an oil change and the two filters. Seems like a waste of money on relatively low mileage oil. The bike has been stored in the garage, so I'm leaning toward waiting for the next service interval. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
437 Posts
According to the workshop manual.. the oil and oil filter should be changed annually. and the clutch filter every 16,000 miles.

If i were in the same position as you. just having done 1,200 miles and its been 12 months since the 600 mile. Then.. I would change the engine oil and the main filter. and not touch the clutch filter. Some might think this was needless over caution. But, i would weigh the comparatively low cost of this against the value of the bike. less than 1% if done by myself. Its a very simple task to perform. And would give me complete peace of mind. (which i put a high value on)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. The more I think about it, the more I agree. Besides, it's only money and if spending it buys peace of mind, then its money well spent. Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts