Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get a Low Seat option (after I get the AT), is it just a matter of removing the regular seat and slapping on the lower seat?
Is there anything else I need to do?

Just exploring what this option meant. I was just comparing this to R1250GS where the bike has to be setup for low seat option by the factory,

·
Registered
638 Posts
You just swap it out, no problem. Then you have to figure out how to ride home with the other seat awkwardly strapped to your bike.
Carry long straps if you are transporting it on the bike. The box my seat came in was three times larger than it needed to be.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I was not clear in the original post. I am thinking about getting the Low Seat long after I buy the AT.

Just wanted to be sure there are no factory modifications needed, like the BMW R1250GS.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry, I was not clear in the original post. I am thinking about getting the Low Seat long after I buy the AT.

Just wanted to be sure there are no factory modifications needed, like the BMW R1250GS.
No like I said, you just swap it out, nothing of any sort needed other than unlocking and removing the rear pillion seat and figuring out the annoying way the Honda oem seat slides in and out of position.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I get the manual version, I have a couple of new leftover 2020 priced at $13K + TTL.
If I get the DCT version, I'll wait till the 2022 is out.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm waiting on the 2022 DCTAS plus hoping that by chance they announce the baby AT before I buy.

I have not heard if the 2020 or 2021 can get a software update to take care of the stalling issue at slow speeds that supposedly has been addressed with the 2022. If a software update fixes the issue, then a 2020 or 2021 model would come back into play. Lower cost to buy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts