Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Hepco Becker crash bars and am looking to replace them for several reasons (see other post http://www.africatwinforum.com/foru...ain-will-they-actually-protect-your-bike.html). Also with the Hepco Becker bars, you have to remove the right lower bar to change the DCT oil filter.

Due to the strength of the lower bars, I am planning on AltRider bars to replace my Hepco Becker. I also confirmed with AltRider that the lower bar does not obstruct the DCT oil filter and it can be changed with the bars in place. Of course the big problem with AltRider bars is that the full set is still not available. I'll likely wait for the AltRider bars, but it would be good to know if there are other choices that will allow DCT oil filter removal without bar removal.

Can DCT owners with any other bars let me know if the DCT oil filter can be changed without removing the bars. If you'd also care to comment whether or not you think the crash bars are up to the task, I'd appreciate that input also.

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have outback motortek bars and have no problem with the filter. I confirmed with Lorry that the new engine case bars that supplement the original crash bars also do not obstruct the DCT filter. I have yet to test the bars in a drop, though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have Touratech upper and lower crash bars and you can remove the DCT clutch filter with the bars in place. The Touratech bars are very solid and look to be of high quality. The mounting is not difficult and the only grip I have is them using Allen head bolts because it is very tight and trying to get an Allen wrench in to tighten them is a PITA.

·
Registered
295 Posts
+1 on the Touratech bars.

I prefer Allen-head bolts and had no issues or difficulties reaching/installing the bars. Did you use Allen keys or something like that? Cause I had no issues using Allen Hex Bit Sockets on my 3/8" ratchet...

I have Touratech upper and lower crash bars and you can remove the DCT clutch filter with the bars in place. The Touratech bars are very solid and look to be of high quality. The mounting is not difficult and the only grip I have is them using Allen head bolts because it is very tight and trying to get an Allen wrench in to tighten them is a PITA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts