Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dear Northern Africans ..
I am ready to change tires and install the Japanese Outex product to the tires, to leave the tubular tires. I am looking for a set of tires that comply with 50% on-road and 50% off-road.
The problem I have, is the Metzeler model Sahara Enduro 3 that does not exist in the rear measure 150/70/18, there are only for sale in 140 / 70-18. A friend told me that the KTM 990 put that measure, because they fold better Is it true what it says?
What advice do you recommend? For kit 90 / 90-21 and 150 / 70-18
Continental TK70
Mitas E-07
Fullbore M-40

(I omit the Metzeler Karoo 3 because I did not like it on wet pavement and buzz a lot)

I look forward to your help!
A big greeting from across the pond.

·
Registered
991 Posts
There are a few threads here about using the 140 size tire. I've used one (Avon TrekRider) for 15,000 kilometres without an issue. Fits on the rim just fine, tube fits fine, and works just like the OEM sizes just a bit different width and height for the tire.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've actually been thinking of going one size up as I don't do a lot of slow technical riding and it would make the speedo more accurate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts