Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having recently hit the 50 year old milestone, I was obligated (an happy) to pick up a silver DCT to mark the occasion. Had the dealer change the OEM Dunlop's for Pirelli Scorpion's and add the crap Honda heated grips (I hope there is a fix for those soon) and Motech hand guards. Looking forward to adding Motech panniers in black because I like their removable mounting brackets and the Honda panniers won't take a tip-over and seem a ripoff.

Utah is a great place to live with this style of bike - most months anyway.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Sinclair,best of luck with yr new AT.im singing off the same Hymn sheet.im 50 in January.hv a AT ordered.did u get dealer to do a clean swap for Pirelli Scorpions or did he charge u full price for them.am thinking of doing same thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not smart enough to negotiate anything with my purchase. I accumulated a lot of stuff including tires in the months I waited to get the bike. The dealer wasn't very interested in the OEM Dunlop's. I can change parts out myself, but it was nice to have someone else do it and support the bike mechanics at the same time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Goes to show u how bad the oem tyres are when the dealer doesn't want them.how does bike handle with Pirelli tires.how do u like the bike so far

1 - 5 of 5 Posts