Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
For anyone with the CRF1000 who does their own wrenching, I made a maintenance checklist that I'm going to use for all servicing that I do. I sorta compiled some other checklists that I've seen, and included some DCT-specific items from the service schedule. I think it includes just about everything that I would do during a servicing (and some things I wouldn't think of doing), and provides a good record for the next person who owns the bike. If anyone has suggestions, I can update it. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LfdLmeTouL-Dq739sIw2CN2ialqfp3DqQrU8YKLoh6I/edit?usp=sharing

·
Registered
400 Posts
A few questions on maintenance:
The service schedule only asks for an oil filter change every other oil change. That is odd, surely for the cost a clean filter should be fitted that will get rid of all the dirty oil
The service schedule shows due dates in miles and time. For instance at 24 months/ 16000 miles the valves should be checked. So after 24 months if the bike has done say 6 thousand miles will the valves need doing. I would have thought that valves would only be miles related. Same applies to things like air filter and spark plugs I would have thought.
Lastly how does home maint affect warranty and resale value. I would retain receipts and keep a record ?
The 600 mile service is only oil and filter - I would enjoy doing that

·
Registered
728 Posts
Gandalf
You sure that oil filter part # is correct?
I’ve got 15410-MFJ-D01 as the filter and
15010-MCE-H51 as the kit (filter + Wrench)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Honda filters you can use on your Africa Twin.
15410-MCJ-003
15410-MFJ-D01
15410-MCJ-505
15410-MM9-PO3
15010-MCE-H50
15010-MCE-H51
15010-MWO-000

The last three are filter kits and include a filter wrench.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If there are any specific parts numbers anyone wants me to add to the sheet, let me know. I'm happy to add lots as long as I can fit them all at the bottom of the second page.

I did my first service a couple weeks ago and used the sheet. I think it covers everything I could think to check.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts