Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went through the steps suggested on one of these threads and it has fixed most of the connectivity issues I was having between my '21 ATAS and my Cardo headset....
The problem I'm still having is that when I try to make a phone call I can't hear anything. The screen shows that the call is being made, but no ringing or anything. I can receive and answer calls, and that works fine. Anyone ever has this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the exact same issue - here is my train of thought - let's compare notes.

1. I have connect my motorcycle to my iphone.
2. I have connected my comm system (Sena) to my iphone.
3. I have connected my motorcycle to my comm system as a second headset.

Now everything works fine generally - I can control the volume of whatever I am playing with the function control on my left handlebar. But when I am using Appleplay and make or receive a call - I can't hear the other end of the conversation and they cant hear me - but it is connected - unless I manually change the source on my phone to my comm system I can't talk to them or hear them.

I am thinking that maybe I need to disconnect my phone from my comm system - not sure though - it took me a long time to get this much functionality from everything and at least I have a way to make it work - hate to start changing things and then nothing works! (again!)

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The way your systems are hooked up is creating conflict.
We pair systems all the time. Try this...

First, disconnect everything from everything.
Now...
Do not allow the phone to connect to either headset. Tell phone to forget headset connections.
Connect the phone to the motorcycle.
Turn the phone off.
Connect the rider headset to the motorcycle.
Connect the passenger headset to the motorcycle.
Turn the phone on and allow it to reconnect to the motorcycle.

This will let the motorcycle manage the connections and prevent the system conflicts of the phone trying to connect to the headsets and the bike at the same time.

Please post up how it goes.

Cheers, Mr. King

·
Registered
25 Posts
The way your systems are hooked up is creating conflict.
We pair systems all the time. Try this...

First, disconnect everything from everything.
Now...
Do not allow the phone to connect to either headset. Tell phone to forget headset connections.
Connect the phone to the motorcycle.
Turn the phone off.
Connect the rider headset to the motorcycle.
Connect the passenger headset to the motorcycle.
Turn the phone on and allow it to reconnect to the motorcycle.

This will let the motorcycle manage the connections and prevent the system conflicts of the phone trying to connect to the headsets and the bike at the same time.

Please post up how it goes.

Cheers, Mr. King
It worked! Basically I turned my Bluetooth off on my phone and the motorcycle connected to the headset - I then plugged the phone in and activated CarPlay and bing bang boom - I can make and receive calls on CarPlay!
I need to make my phone forget the comm system and the motorcycle so I can leave my Bluetooth on so my TPMS can notify me when I’m losing pressure.

Thanks Mr. King!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fixed it a little -
It worked! Basically I turned my Bluetooth off on my phone and the motorcycle connected to the headset - I then plugged the phone in and activated CarPlay and bing bang boom - I can make and receive calls on CarPlay!
I need to make my phone forget the comm system and the motorcycle so I can leave my Bluetooth on so my TPMS can notify me when I’m losing pressure.

Thanks Mr. King!
I'm glad it worked for you.

Unless you plug the phone in to the USB every time leave the bluetooth setting for the motorcycle. This way if you are making a short run somewhere and don't want to plug in you still have the ability to use your phone. Only forget the headsets on the phone and you should be fine, TPMS not withstanding.

Cheers, Mr. King

1 - 5 of 5 Posts