Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, picked up my new bike yesterday (black). Obviously made up with it,but was a bit concerned, as I really like the Matte black finish, but the dealer could not give me any decent advise on products to maintain, and protect it.
Found a UK company "Superior Finishes" who were very helpful, and advised on a few products. Before ordering, just wondered what anyone else out there does to protect their Matte paintwork.
Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
101 Posts
There are detailing companies that make wax which is designed especially for matt paint. Personally iv used a couple of drops of ACF-50 on my Harley and rub it in well and this keeps a nice finish on it,my mate also uses this same method on his MT10 which also has matt paint.
As I said just a couple of drops on a piece of paper towel or it will be a nightmare and attract dust!
Also this method removes splashes of fuel that you will almost certainly get when filling up,the petrol evaporates leaving water mark type stains but can be removed with ACF-50 WD-40 or baby oil is another good one to use.
As mentioned Harley make treatments for matt paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts