Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi,
Took the bike and little Mavic for a test ride up the coast to see how it goes.
The little Drone is perfect size for travailing on the bike.

Hi Rotorpix, mate you got the knack now for doing these short Videos, love it, keep them coming.
and stacking Rocks, spose thats what you do when you don't have a AT an Mavic :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey ADV Art, same here had the 3 and it was just too large.
Its a fun little machine.

Denburger, cheers.... its funny how the tourists all got to stop there and make a stack.
Videos should only get better as I do more adventures and put more effort into them
Just love that now when I camp, I can put the Mavic up and see whats around.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like those little Mavics I was thinking about getting one but it's become so impossible to fly one legally in Canada now that I'm probably just going to get rid of my P4.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
People have been fling remote controlled models for decades, its silly.
I started flying back when they were called Quadcopters of Multicopters, the word DRONE was never used.

Blame the media for half the problems.
Also they require no skill whats so ever to fly the DJI ones now days so anyone can fly them.

In AUS we can even fly them for reward as long as they are under 2kg and you register on the website.
As a hobbyist you are free to do what ever, but there are still some basic rules to follow.

·
Registered
230 Posts
New for this year in Canada:

- you can't fly above 90m
- can't fly within 90m of a person, structure, animal, vehicle/vessel
- can't fly within 9km of an airport or any place that aircraft can take off and land
- must keep in sight at all times
- can't fly further than 500m away

No point even owning it. I film most of my stuff at 5-10m away. Just a matter of time before some dick calls the police and you're slapped with a $2000 fine. Not worth it.

·
Registered
312 Posts

- can't fly within 9km of an airport or any place that aircraft can take off and land

No point even owning it. I film most of my stuff at 5-10m away. Just a matter of time before some dick calls the police and you're slapped with a $2000 fine. Not worth it.
WOW! and we thought Queensland Australia was a POLICE STATE. :surprise:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Gee yeh, that's overkill alright.
Sounds like some group of people got into the Politics and pushed their agenda.

Paid for my Phantom many times over doing gigs, even used the Mavic on the last shoot I did.
Lucky AUS is full of empty space so lots of places to fly and has a small population.

We messed around with a Inspire2 and the bike little while back.
In sports mode it could keep up to me doing 100kmph.
Follow me mode only good for going slow.
https://youtu.be/uL_5uB3RTnA

Old Can Ride, did you get the combo pack that comes with the little bag and chargers etc.
I like how you can charge USB devices with the batteries out in the filed,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey,
FYI, in Mexico rules are very lax for drones ....no flying at night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had 4 Phantoms not the Phantom 4 BUT 4 Phantoms. The last one on the second flight went haywire over a jungle in Central America.........gone But I will get another......they are way to cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey ADV Art, same here had the 3 and it was just too large.
Its a fun little machine.

Denburger, cheers.... its funny how the tourists all got to stop there and make a stack.
Videos should only get better as I do more adventures and put more effort into them
Just love that now when I camp, I can put the Mavic up and see whats around.
Hi Rotorpix, I saw on your Almaden video, you talked about making a small clamp to stop the center-stand from clunking on rough roads, as an ideas man, love to know if you came up with any simple sulition ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mexico sounds like the place to be then.

To stop the center stand banging I just got a heavy duty Velcro strap from Bunnings.
The stand has two springs on it already but it still bangs around
I will try and find a large Oring which might be better too next few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mexico sounds like the place to be then.

To stop the center stand banging I just got a heavy duty Velcro strap from Bunnings.
The stand has two springs on it already but it still bangs around
I will try and find a large Oring which might be better too next few days.
By your video, I thought you were looking at some sort of a clamp on the "bumper stop" side ?
Yea mine bangs away as well as many other riders who have complained in other POSTS.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeh, I suppose you could make a clip for it somehow.
Mavic pro in the Nice leather carry bag on the bike yesterday.
The dome covering the gimble broke at the clip.
Had in in my rear tail bag on the passenger seat,
Be careful how you travel with it on the bike, I was traveling on rough dirt roads though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts