Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the May's Ride of the Month Competition!

April's ROTM Winner @TETSUHIRO

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
32 Posts

Things I've added since purchase in August 2020.

Helmet - Shoei Neotech II
Sena Communication
X-Grip Phone Grip
12V Socket
Outback Motortek - Pannier Racks
Kriega Packs - OS-32 (Sidebags)
Honda Rear Luggage Frame
Outback Motortek - Rear Luggage Rack
Outback Motortek Protection Package (Crash Bars / Skid Plate)
Honda Tall Windscreen
Touratech Handlebar Risers
Corbin Heated Seat
Center Stand - OEM
Heated Grips - OEM
Outback Motortek - Tool Box
Enduristan XL Duffle
Ram Mount (GPS)
Rotopax
Clearwater LEDS lights
Honda OEM Tank Pads
Batsen Windscreen Extender
Highway Pegs and Mounts
SW Motortech - Kickstand Support
Mosko Moto Tank Bag
Honda High Wind Deflector
Honda Low Wind Delector
Swegotech Fork Shield
Outex Tubeless Wheel Conversion (rear)
Garmin Inreach

This bike is why I reconnected with my best friend from high school. Class of 1983! I hadn't laid eyes or spoken to him in over 30 years and since last October we have went on 2 adventures (one to Cabo San Lucas - and one tour of the western United Sates) - although he rides a BMW, I still respect him and totally enjoy our time together!

Love the bike, and all it represents.

·
Registered
CRF1100 DCT 2021
241 Posts
...This bike is why I reconnected with my best friend from high school. Class of 1983! I hadn't laid eyes or spoken to him in over 30 years and since last October we have went on 2 adventures (one to Cabo San Lucas - and one tour of the western United Sates) - although he rides a BMW, I still respect him and totally enjoy our time together! ...
very similar experience here, class 1974!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Having to repost all of your mods every month, till you win is kinda, wrong? Post last month. Have to decree all the same info again? Is this only pics of our bikes taken this month? Or do we post same pics with others added from before? I am absolutely not being combative! This time... :) Just asking, for a friend? :)

·
Super Moderator
7,206 Posts
Having to repost all of your mods every month, till you win is kinda, wrong? Post last month. Have to decree all the same info again? Is this only pics of our bikes taken this month? Or do we post same pics with others added from before? I am absolutely not being combative! This time... :) Just asking, for a friend? :)
Nope, your question is completely fair and valid.

The procedure does seem a bit clunky, but new members could have joined since last month I suppose.

·
Administrator
3,410 Posts
Definitely a fair question. The bike of the month contest is run by VerticalScope itself. I was a bit surprised as well to find the topic was just a repeat of last month.

I am not really sure there is a requirement for all or any of the photos to be from this month. It appeared to me that some of the photos from last month where not shot in April and I don't see that the "rules" state that they have to be.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'll bite.

Current (as of 5/18/2021) state of my 2021 Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES with ~1,800 miles:

"Legal" Modifications (from tip to tail):
  • Touratech upper and lower crash bars w/modified hockey puck bumpers.
  • Cut 2.5" from the top of the stock windscreen
  • Zeta scudo handguards
  • RAM Mounts X-mount phone holder
  • RAM Mounts + self-made drone controller mount
  • Clear TFT screen protector
  • Rustoleum matt black spray paint on aluminum emblem fairing
  • Removed as many stock decals as possible
  • Generic CRF1100 side stand footprint with .8cm ABS plastic lift
  • Honda OEM center stand
  • Touratech EVO X panniers
  • Touratech luggage rack
  • Self-made 4" ABS tool tube "permanently" attached to luggage rack
  • Self-made Thule/RockyMounts bicycle carrier
  • Removed rear reflectors from license plate holder
My favorite aspect of this bike is that it's a true adventure vehicle. Most people who climb and ski mountains think the adventure starts at the trailhead. The Africa Twin lets the adventure begin in my driveway and last all day. The bike has plenty of power and handling chops to tolerate a ridiculously imbalanced load with ease. If the adventure is equal parts destination and journey, this thing fits the bill.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Hi mates, I am new Africa twin Adventure Sport rider who will be traveling the world from Oman (the Middle East) soon.

Things I've added since purchase in August 2020.

Helmet - Scorpion
Sena 30k Communication
GIVI Phone holder and Windscreen bracket
Mosko MOTO rackless 80 v3
SW Motech City tank bag
GIVI Rear Luggage Rack and 42ltr box
GIVI protection Package (Crash Bars)
GIVI extended Windscreen
GIVI extended kick stand
Honda High Wind Deflector
Honda Low Wind Deflector
SW Motech center stand
Garmin Montana 700i

Coming soon: KC FOG lights and hard side Panniers

Hope you like my Black Mamba

·
Registered
18 Posts

Grand Teton Nat. Park, WY

San Juan Skyway, CO (million dollar highway) *survived :)

Petrified Forest Nat. Park, AZ

The bike is pretty much stock, besides from:
• Givi dolomiti hard cases
• bracket I made to carry an extra gal fuel in rotopax can
• and my calico kitty who rides with me on my 3rd bike now ;)

Favorite part of the trip? Every ft of the 3,838 miles I spent on my bike through 11 states in the last 12 days.

·
Administrator
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After tallying the votes, we have a winner!

Congratulations to @OmaniRider for having the most likes on their ride!
I have set you up with a Premium Membership for a year!

Thank you to everyone who participated in May’s ROTM Thread!

The thread is now closed.
A new thread for June's ROTM will be up soon!

Thank you,

~Richard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.