Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used "Metzler Tourance Next" on the AT? If so, how did they perform?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have not used them and wonder if they are available in AT sizes. However they and Scorpion Trail II (both made by Pirelli) came out top in an extensive recent trail tyre test that I saw. On other bikes I have only heard good about them but they are predominantly a road tyre.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have not used them and wonder if they are available in AT sizes. However they and Scorpion Trail II (both made by Pirelli) came out top in an extensive recent trail tyre test that I saw. On other bikes I have only heard good about them but they are predominantly a road tyre.
How did the Conti Trail Attack 2 fare?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had the NEXT on my previous GSA. Because they are more 'road' orientated, I found the side walls had more flex. They changed the whole ride 'feel'.

Just as a personal feeling, I would not stick them on my AT. I would be concerned of damaging the side wall on the fairly fast, rocky sections.

I know they are for different riding conditions, but my first tyre change will be to a TKC front and Mitas E07 on the rear.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I also used to ride with Trail Attack on my previous R 1200 GS, also 150/70-17 and 110/80-19. Last 3000 km's I rode with Tourance Next. Next's are very good on tarmack, but in my mind not as good as Trail Attack's. The Next's tend to lean too much in at low speed curves. Good tracktion on both, also on rain. On gravel, quite equal. Not good, but you can live with both.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How were they on the road?
I would not try to get the knee down on the corners, but they are not too bad. I choose this combo more for weekends that commuting. The TKC on the front gives reasonable mileage. I can't use the TKC on the rear. There seems to be a problem with my wrist! I don't even get 2000km on the rear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts