Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.waiting on my AT.cld b next year.great to read all the good and bad about new AT.got back into bikes in 2009.busy surviving and rearing a family.Im a young 50 ?since than I've had a cbf 600,vfr 1200 both sold.2 Harley's which I still hv and love,although my 3 year old grand child tells me one is his?.so I hv to sneak it out and make sure it's clean when put back or there will b war.didnt like the look of the African twin first but after 2 test rides it's really grown on me.love both Honda and Harley for reliably.thoght about Kim 1290 or Ducati Multistrara but to much techno and cld nt stand all the problems I hear from owners that go with them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi all.waiting on my AT.cld b next year.great to read all the good and bad about new AT.got back into bikes in 2009.busy surviving and rearing a family.Im a young 50 ?since than I've had a cbf 600,vfr 1200 both sold.2 Harley's which I still hv and love,although my 3 year old grand child tells me one is his?.so I hv to sneak it out and make sure it's clean when put back or there will b war.didnt like the look of the African twin first but after 2 test rides it's really grown on me.love both Honda and Harley for reliably.thoght about Kim 1290 or Ducati Multistrara but to much techno and cld nt stand all the problems I hear from owners that go with them.

Get yerself up to Belfast, Michael. Its going to be cheap with the mighty euro :grin2:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dave,did Belfast Honda give u any discount.what are they like for after sale service ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Micheal the AT was at list price but it was the price to change I was interested in and that was good. I used to have a CB1300S that was looked after by them and they were first class BUT that's when it was Allen's Honda. If you are buying straight there would have to be a discount.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dave,Alien Honda were great to deal with.dealt with salesman Joe Millsopp,a gentleman.bought a Vfr 1200 of him in 2010.he delivered it to the middle of Ireland free.if u ever see him,say I was asking for him.how do u like yr AT so far.any regrets or is it a marriage made in heaven

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the AT Forum Rockie.
Like you loved my Harleys and got two of them since 2009. Traded in my 2012 RoadGlide CVO for the 2016AT DCT after doing a test ride and simply loved it.
I take delivery on the new AT this Friday. I will miss the CVO but I do look forward to the ADV possibities now with this great Tourer.

Irland is on our Bucket list. Can't wait to visit my Grandfather's homeland.

Cheers from Canada Eh!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Dreameider,you will hv to look me up and il show u the sites when u get to Ireland.what part of Ireland was your family from.got to say I wld love to visit Canada ever since I saw the Big Yen,Scottish Comidian Billy Conelly drive Canada on an Roadking Classic.always wanted a Harley and in 2009 after watching Billy tour Canada I bought a turquoise and cream RKC.you must hv lost the shirt on the back trading the CVO road glide.i hv a 2012 CVO ultra classic and I can justify in my head loosing over half what I paid.didnt realise when I bought the CVO how much they wld loose in value.i also hv a 2009 Roadking but cldnt to bare to part with that.I was told today I will hv my Victory Red A.T. The second week in January.what did u get and does it justify the hype.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Let us no how u get on when u pick it up Friday
Will Do! But it probably will go straight into the garage. Snow is upon us and where I live, no motorcycles aloud on the streets from December 15th to March 15th. It's going to be a long winter!

As for my CVO - I bought it last december used with only 26 000 KM on it and put on 20, 000 KM on it over the summer. The HIT was minor. Dealer even had to cut me a check for the trade in! So she is being fitted with OEM: Panniers - 35L Top Bag - Led Fog Lights and Front Crash Bars + Centre Stand + Heated Grips + 12V accessory Plug.
I also ordered after market B&B Safari Bash Plate and B&B Radiator Guards from BBOFFROAD.COM.AU which should arrive I hope for Xmas!
PM'd you about the family history.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Dreamrider,the first chap that brought CVO took the big hit.if I was to buy again it wld b almost new.but as u no with your new A.T. It's nice to b the first.well that's what I tell the wife.:flushed:Can't wait till January to get my hands on my AT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts